Question Best Way to Get a 3080 at Retail Price?

protostar8

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
So currently, what options are viable for getting an RTX 3080? Or is it still a bot dominated market and there is no hope of getting one in 2020?

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019
At this time the only option I see is to keep checking sites every day to try to find or better yet is if you're near microcenter, to go when they open and keep trying. My friend got a Gigabyte 3080 at MC 5 min after they opened on a Friday. Fedex arrived with a delivery of cards

I pre ordered my 3090 at the start and still waiting for over an month for it canncled it today due to finding 3090 on another uk website and be getting it tomorrow. So my suggestion is to keep looking at websites to see of they get anymore stock but with 3080 faults at the start meaning it could take abit more time to hit the stores. Also you need to be quick if you do find stock on websites because people will click the buy now really fast!

protostar8

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I pre ordered my 3090 at the start and still waiting for over an month for it canncled it today due to finding 3090 on another uk website and be getting it tomorrow. So my suggestion is to keep looking at websites to see of they get anymore stock but with 3080 faults at the start meaning it could take abit more time to hit the stores. Also you need to be quick if you do find stock on websites because people will click the buy now really fast!

Unfortunately I'm in the USA. I've seen multiple posts from people in Europe who are able to find them.

Thanks for the Microcenter suggestion, but unfortunately the closest one is 45 minutes away in PERFECT traffic and my city NEVER has good traffic.

mjbn1977

Distinguished
So currently, what options are viable for getting an RTX 3080? Or is it still a bot dominated market and there is no hope of getting one in 2020?

I am also in the USA and trying to get a 3080. Just forget it....I think in December it might get a little easier....especially since a lot of potential 3080 shopper now jump on the 6800XT train.

I once had a MSI 3080 Trio in my shopping card. But a bot beat me to it before I could check out....LOL

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
many sites allow you to set up email notifications for when stock is in. still sells out quickly but you may be able to get there fast enough if you get an email about it.

i'd also suggest having payment info saved where you really want to get it from. will save time if you don't have to enter all that info. i don't normally use it but amazon has that "buy now" button that would be perfect for something like this so you can just quickly one button click and the purchase is done. :)

you also want to start looking at models and such so that when/if you see one in stock you don't have to look it up and probably miss it before it sells out. you want to KNOW for sure if you see one in stock whether you want it or not and what the normal price is. you're gonna want to be able to buy it in a split second without having to look it up and all that jazz!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Barty1884

tecmo34

Administrator
If you are an EVGA fan, they are using their "auto-notify" button basically as a pre-order / queue for the graphics card that they send a special link to your email to order, so no concern with bots or others beating you to the punch. You have to have the email linked to an EVGA account but that can be done at the time you get the notification it is available. Depending on your card you want, it still maybe a while but at least you know you will get one, at some point :) .

This was how I was able to grab an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra last week but I got in the queue the day it was released.

JT0025

Reputable
Oct 30, 2020
I managed to get one at Sam's Club online somehow. It's mostly just timing/luck and being around when cards happen to drop and checking all the sites that have them. I also had one in my cart at Best Buy which vanished as I hit the pay button. That was pretty annoying lol.......I had a pre-order in at shopblt but peeps seemed to think that would take months. I would think once the AMD cards hit that it will be somewhat easier to obtain one of those or the 3080, but at this point you have to check the nowinstock chat or other sites/apps that are watching for drops and then be there at the right time and get lucky.

Who is Dorie? Can you link their channel or something please?
It's this Dory :)

16097493286942.jpg
scale

Blackink

Distinguished
If you are an EVGA fan, they are using their "auto-notify" button basically as a pre-order / queue for the graphics card that they send a special link to your email to order, so no concern with bots or others beating you to the punch. You have to have the email linked to an EVGA account but that can be done at the time you get the notification it is available. Depending on your card you want, it still maybe a while but at least you know you will get one, at some point :) .

This was how I was able to grab an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra last week but I got in the queue the day it was released.
My son did the same thing through the EVGA fan and got his 3080 GPU card. It didn't happen overnight though.....be patient and hopefully you'll be successful.

Reactions: tecmo34