Best way to get Office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

You were given multiple avenues to purchase office as well as 2 completely free ways to get an office like product (personally I have used open office, didn't love it but it did the job).

What you are asking about is discussed in bicycle_repair_mans link. Yes those keys are out there, and we have had users get screwed multiple times by them, either with them being bad off the bat, or being deactivated after the fact. So we...

Clunker

Honorable
Aug 13, 2016
No offense guys but these answers were... less than helpful. I don't understand why you can get a windows 10 key for 20 bucks but Office keys are rare and not that much cheaper than retail. I mean surely they sell Office in Hong Kong too, right? Why aren't there a crap ton of Office keys floating around?

cause keys for an OS are more popular then keys to MS office. most of those windows keys you can buy cheap are scams. if you read between the lines in all the posts we know office is expensive like you knew and were helping you find a more cost effective way for you to get it. you asked for help and we gave you the best options

If you can get a $100 Windows 10 license for $20, ask yourself why.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/9/8006693/the-truth-behind-those-mysteriously-cheap-gray-market-game-codes

Do yourself a favour and buy a legitimate copy of Office from a trusted seller, or download LibreOffice or OpenOffice for free.

Besides this remark pointing to illegal activity and organized crime, the morality issues alone would keep anybody awake at night just thinking of the death and mayhem that this involves. I know that there are no law abiding human beings on this planet that would ever consider a $20 Windows 10 key.

This post made me physically sick thinking of the kind of illegal activity that this type of behavior promotes.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

You were given multiple avenues to purchase office as well as 2 completely free ways to get an office like product (personally I have used open office, didn't love it but it did the job).

What you are asking about is discussed in bicycle_repair_mans link. Yes those keys are out there, and we have had users get screwed multiple times by them, either with them being bad off the bat, or being deactivated after the fact. So we wouldn't be helping you very much if we were telling you to buy something like that, only for your parents to end up with non-working software in a week.

Solution

logainofhades

Titan

Those key sales are not approved by Microsoft, and have about a 50-50 shot at actually working. The exception would be like a student discount, at college/university, that has approval to sell the keys, or give them away, from Microsoft.

Colif

Win 11 Master

If my parents insisted on Office, I would tell them the cost and ask them for the cash if I couldn't afford it myself. Its their computer, give them what they want.

Bradbury Keller

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013

Depending on your parents or your job. You might be able to get a legal Office 2016 key for $15 through the Home Use Program (HUP). Most corporate or SMBs that use a business volume license for office have that feature.

On the coast

Reputable
May 27, 2015
Another idea: use an older version of Office. I have an older computer usinf 2003 and my main computer using 2007. These are less expensive than the new office. There were many good ideas of how to get Office, but many of us cannot get the Educational or the Home use because we do not work for mega corporations. Probably because I learned Office first, I prefer it over the free programs. A low cost option I would like to ask about is from AShampoo. I like their optimizer, how is their Office suite?

Status
Not open for further replies.