[SOLVED] best way to intergrate a bsod windows files into a working install?

_D34D_

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
i have a 2tb ssd (#1) with a broken windows 11 and 2tb of files and applications. i have a 120gb ssd (#2) that i installed windows 10 on to recover my files.

all applications on ssd 1 are looking for their required files on the C drive but the drive was renamed D now. so generally its a mess and nothing works right and i cant just carry on like this.

if i where to upload ssd 1's contents to a cloud storage, install a clean windows on it, is there a reasonable/easiest way to merge those files with this new windows install that wouldn't break all my directories?

thanks

(i used a workaround to install windows 11 on my incompatible pc and it ended up bsod not too long later so im not going to return to windows 11 even if it would make the file transfer easier to have a matching windows)

Solution
i have a 2tb ssd (#1) with a broken windows 11 and 2tb of files and applications. i have a 120gb ssd (#2) that i installed windows 10 on to recover my files.

all applications on ssd 1 are looking for their required files on the C drive but the drive was renamed D now. so generally its a mess and nothing works right and i cant just carry on like this.

if i where to upload ssd 1's contents to a cloud storage, install a clean windows on it, is there a reasonable/easiest way to merge those files with this new windows install that wouldn't break all my directories?

thanks

(i used a workaround to install windows 11 on my incompatible pc and it ended up bsod not too long later so im not going to return to windows 11 even if it...

kanewolf

Titan

thanks

(i used a workaround to install windows 11 on my incompatible pc and it ended up bsod not too long later so im not going to return to windows 11 even if it would make the file transfer easier to have a matching windows)
There is no "good" way. Why? Because you have to reinstall all the apps. They have Registry entries as well as files spread all over the disk.
Buy a spinning disk, back-up you data files from the 2TB SSD then disconnect everything except the 2TB. WIPE and install Windows 10 plus your apps. Then copy over your data.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS