Nov 23, 2020
Hey there!

I’m planning the get the Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL, along with 6 LL120s and Corsair’s Capellix AIO (which comes with 3 ML120s).

I’m definitely going to mount 3 of the LLs at the bottom of the case for intake, and the radiator at the top of the case (along with the MLs) for extake.

My question is this: should I have the LLs (which I’m putting in the side of the case) as intake or extake? If they were intake, I’d imagine I would get better cooling performance, but I would be unable to see the front side of the LLs. If I have them as extake, I would be able to take full advantage of the LEDs. Thoughts?

Solution
Side intake, top exhaust.
Fans at the bottom are not very effective in that chassis; it's too restrictive.
LL120s aren't very strong either, so they'll be more for show than providing any reasonable intake down there.

You're free to do whatever you want, as long as the hardware isn't running hot.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Fans at the bottom are not very effective in that chassis; it's too restrictive.
LL120s aren't very strong either, so they'll be more for show than providing any reasonable intake down there.

Solution
Nov 23, 2020

Alright, that’s what I figured. I’ll probably end up trying it both ways and run some temperature tests. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Phaaze88