wella691

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
Having just finished building my new system and, with help, getting over all the problems im trying to set up windows vista 64 bit version.

Im asking here because im trying to find an easy way to organise my data on a day to day basis.
My system is organised as a 1 x Western Digital Raptor 36GB and 2 x Seagate 7200.10 320GB in a Raid 1 array.

The raptor is for the Operating system (vista 64bit) and im wanting to store all data on the seagates.

SO anything i now add to the system (download, photos, new software) should automaticaly be added to the seatgates but at present it is added to the same disk as the operating system.

How do i get around this? It needs to be set up automatic because the pc is used by several users.

Is there any decent after market (i.e. non windows) software that will make my data rearrangement/arrangment and harddrive management easy?

Thanks

Paul

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
For downloads set your Browser to ask where to download. In Firefox it's Tools, Options, Main page. Not sure where it is in IE since I don't use it. If you're using file sharing program(s), you should be able to change the default download folder. For photos change to default folder for imports in the software you're using to import photos. Not sure what you mean by programs. If you want to install them on the Seagates, during the installation you're always asked where you want it installed. Not sure why you would want to do this. If you mean downloaded programs, once you get your browser to ask when to download, they will go to the folder you specify. Windows sets Documents Settings as the default folder for downloads and imports, which is why everything now going to the Raptor, it's where your C drive is.