Question Best way to record gameplay in 60fps with 75Hz refresh rate ??

bluecat68

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Hi all. Let me make my question easier to understand. What's the best way to record any gameplay in 60fps with 75Hz refresh rate monitor so the end video will play as smooth as it possible ?? Or change the 75Hz to 60Hz is the only way ??

Thanks first.

Last edited:

bluecat68

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Just set your capture tool to 60FPS output. What is your GPU btw, and what capture tool are you using?
Yeah i tried that but somehow the video don't playback as smooth, feel little laggy, GTX 1070Ti and R5 2600 combo, not sure if it's because of the game (Call of Duty Infinite Warfare). This game is known to has stuttering / frame drop issue, will try other game to see if i can get better result.
Record using Bandicam. Thanks for your reply.

What's the problem in recording at 75FPS?!
Why does it have to be 60FPS?
Youtube will automatically convert to 60FPS as well.
Really ?? I thought the upload video must be in 60fps @.@
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah i tried that but somehow the video don't playback as smooth, feel little laggy, GTX 1070Ti and R5 2600 combo, not sure if it's because of the game (Call of Duty Infinite Warfare). This game is known to has stuttering / frame drop issue, will try other game to see if i can get better result.
Record using Bandicam. Thanks for your reply.
Try recording using ShadowPlay and see if the results are any different.

Reactions: bluecat68

bluecat68

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Try recording using ShadowPlay and see if the results are any different.
Guess i might do something wrong when i first try record in 75Hz 2 days ago because now everything looks more or less the same ..
I mean i tried 4 options:

1. 75Hz refresh rate / game record in 60fps / Vsync OFF
  2. 75Hz refresh rate / game record in 60fps / Vsync ON
  3. 75Hz refresh rate / game record in 75fps / Vsync OFF
  4. 75Hz refresh rate / game record in 75fps / Vsync ON
Suddenly all looks very much the same to me now, may be my eyes already adapt to it ?? I play 60Hz refresh rate all the time and only 2 days ago i change it to 75Hz out of curiosity since my monitor support it.

By the way still using Bandicam since i like the app did show the in game FPS counter, I do use OBS studio if necessary but it don't have in game FPS counter feature.

Thanks for yours time.