BEST WAY TO RETURN A MOTHERBOARD W/O LOSING $$$ ??

G

After much laboring, I have decided my motherboard, straight from the vendor, is BUSTED. Bad CMOS. I cant bypass the system to get to a boot up disk, etc etc.

what i want to know from u guys is some advice on how i can send it back to the company or A company w/o losing money on restocking fees and other fees. i understand i'll lose money on shipping but i want to know HOW i can go about getting a WORKING motherboard and send the BAD one back.
I have thought about buying another one, and sending the bad one back in its place but i dont know if most places will only replace or repair. anyone know a place where i can get a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE on COMPUTER PARTS?
it IS damaged after all..
and no i didn't fry it =)

thanks so much for your help.
david

before returning, if it is a slot one motherboard ,try reinstalling the cpu. some are very hard to get the cpu all the way down in the slot. when this happens system will initiallize, power supply comes on but that is it, no post no nothing. happened to me.

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah becareful that you didn't leave any signs of temperament. I have a few MSI boards which actually doesn't support my config so I returned it to the vendor and they happily exchanged it with K7V with some extra charge (obviously because K7V is more expensive then the one I bought). I hope your computer vendor can do the same thing. Bring you whole computer to prove it to them. However I hope you didn't mail order the motherboard.

Smart guys are not smart; they only see things in different perspective.
1st <b>member</b>!