[SOLVED] Best way to sell a pc

Dec 4, 2019
I recently built a new pc with the intent to sell it for a profit. I tried craigslist for a couple of weeks and with no luck, I put it on ebay. I have not had too much views and I was wondering what the best way to get people's attention. It has a gtx 1660 and a ryzen 5 2600. I built it for 800 and selling for 1000. Idk if the price is to high or what but here is the link for you guys to check it out. Or maybe... even buy it

USAFRet

Titan
What is the full, specific parts list?
Make/model/size of everything.

Bottom line, though...selling a PC like that and wanting to make a profit is tough.

If the parts cost you $800, why should someone pay you $1000 for it?
What benefit do you bring to the table?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
+1^
Yeah, profit on a custom built PC almost never happens. Most buyers would rather spend that money on one that comes with a longer warranty, Win 10 activated, and support. If you bought your components retail, you'll rarely compete with the big bulk builders. They buy components in bulk direct and pay a whole lot less than we do for them. And get Win cheap in volume licensing.

I have been selling builds on ebay for years. I build, I use, I sell for as close to my cost as possible. Usually it ends up a lot less than that. Never a profit. But at least I have recouped some of my cost and can do it again.

DSzymborski

Titan
An experienced builder isn't going to pay you $200 for something they're happy to do themselves.

Someone who wants a prebuilt can find one cheaper. I've found a bunch of Ryzen 2600s with a 1660 Ti/RX 5700/2060 and 16 GB of RAM, plus an SSD, for under your price. And they get to deal with a company with employees and an actual warranty for their product.

Builds aren't where computer shops make money; there's almost no margin in the builds themselves. If you were some famous PC builder known for high-end boutique special orders, maybe, but you're not going to make much this way.