Best way to set up 3 monitors

SlayerWezz

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
I just recently bought a new Samsung 28" UE590 4k Monitor to accompany my other 2 Asus 1920 x 1080p monitors. I have a GTX 770, a Z98-G55 Motherboard, and i5 4590 CPU. I know very little about daisy chaining. Currently have everything plugged in on my GPU. I have the 4k Monitor using a Display port, one monitor on DVI, and the last on HDMI. Is this a correct way to do it or is there a better way? Should I have any of the displays running of my CPU on the motherboard?

You are good.
Side monitors do not impact gaming, even when attached to the gaming gpu.
I would locate one side monitor to each side of the main.
Use expanded desktop.
If you can, physically align the top of all three in a straight line so dragging windows across is a bit more seamless.
Then in the expanded desktop panel drag the images to reflect the physical orientation.

SlayerWezz

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

I have also noticed that my mouse requires quite a bit speed to get over to my right screen from my main screen. Is there a setting or something to allow me to move from screen to screen easier?

Yes, in control panel/mouse, look at pointer options. There is a slider to adjust pointer speed.

SlayerWezz

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

That just changes the DPI of my mouse, doesn't it? I don't want the mouse to be faster just the amount of force required to get over to the other screen

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS