Question Best way to setup quad monitors?

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Heya,

What is the best way to setup quad monitors? I have no idea how I should set it up. I was thinking getting x3 25" Alienware monitors and then the 34" Alienware one to go above and on a separate arm so I can bring it down. If there is another way you would lay it out then please let me know or send me a picture Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
I'd go for a quad monitor stand. The VIVO STAND-V104A should work with the 34" Alienware on top. I know it says up to 32". That is for standard monitors. An ultrawide at top and three 25" Alienwares at the bottom should all fit. Based on the measurements of the mount and the measurements of the Alienware monitors I looked up (with stands removed for VESA mounting).

https://vivo-us.com/products/stand-v104a

Thanks for the recommendation! I can confirm that the stand will fit three 25" monitors with a 34" ultrawide on top. For reference, the height of a 34" UW is about the same as a 27" 16:9.

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Thanks for the recommendation! I can confirm that the stand will fit three 25" monitors with a 34" ultrawide on top. For reference, the height of a 34" UW is about the same as a 27" 16:9.

Ok thanks both of you! I have one question though. Will I be able to bring the 34" down? Or will I need a seperate stand because I want to be able to bring the 34" down to watch YouTube and play splitscreen games with friends

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
STAND-V104A doesn't allow the upper monitor to come down over the others, unfortunately. In that case, your best option may be to use a triple stand for the lower monitors and a taller stand with an adjustable spring arm for the 34". Ideally, the stand would be tall enough for the arm to fit fully over the other monitors, allowing the adjustable spring portion to have more range for movement.

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
STAND-V104A doesn't allow the upper monitor to come down over the others, unfortunately. In that case, your best option may be to use a triple stand for the lower monitors and a taller stand with an adjustable spring arm for the 34". Ideally, the stand would be tall enough for the arm to fit fully over the other monitors, allowing the adjustable spring portion to have more range for movement.

Ok. That is fine by me 😉. Would you recommend any other monitors or are those Alienware ones all good?

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
They look good to me, but I'm no expert on gaming monitor quality. :)
I typically work with office grade monitors, so someone else here may be able to confirm if those are your best option for the price or not.