Best WC kit for this setup..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamajee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Hey guys, been considering to add a watercooling system for my new rig, not for overclocking but for blinging, might work on overclocking later with it.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i3 processor 2150 3.33GHz LGA1155
Mobo: Asus P8H61
GPU: Gigabyte HD Radeon 7750
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333
PSU: Force 600w

Running a multiple display setup on it, love the performance of it just want to bling it more.

What would be the best watercooling kit for it? I'd rather buy it ready made so all I have to do is follow instructions and install it, so all blocks, reservoirs, piping, etc. will be included in the kit.

And if anyone can provide me with a link for a great price on a watercooling kit that you suggest I buy, I would be grateful too.

Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
well, for a spec like that the only reason you'd want to go watercooling is if you had a boat load of money to waste and yet try to cool the cpu passive inspite of it being the most heat friendly TDP'd CPU on the planet.

sarcasm aside, you might want to take a look at the Thermalright HR02. I'm not aiming at advising watercooling at this point since any benefits on an XSPC/swiftech entry level kit for a cpu only loop won't mean anything as the temps will be 2~3 deg off of a good air cooler. Watercooling a i7-2600K on the other hand would result in massive delta-T's when on a heavy Overclock.

FYI - you left out the case info.

yamajee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
I do have a boat load of money, I'm from Dubai you see, hahaha.

Alright will look into that, been seeing these H50, H70, H100 watercooling kits, even though they do not require maintenance at all, I want the old style of watercooling the one with the reservoir, the pump, the pipes and so on.

The case is a cooler master HAF X

Got a 1 x 230 mm fan and 3 x 200 mm fans

Lutfij

Titan
I was born in Dubai, lived near Deira and then moved to Abu hail center. so yeah i understand how one can put too much into a lil hyundai sonata to call it a subaru impreza :p

honestly, getting a corsair Hxx is also a waste of your money. Rather save the watercooling money and get yourself a higher spec'd rig - meaning the mobo/ram/cpu/gpu.

a watercooling loop will get you from $200~$400 on a kit/custom loop. that money could easily be dropped into a better GPU and yet not make your i3 hickup.

this is what i did to my H50:
IMG_0147.jpg

and was massively disappointed with it.

* if you're already set on buying a watercooling setup, i can't do much about it - its just a fact of someone trying to hear out his own opinion among a group of strangers.

yamajee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

Oh cool, I live in Umm Al Quwain.

Hmmm, true that, problem is in here the parts cost crazzzy, and I mean way too crazy, ordering from newegg or ebay is much more better.

Though I love the look of pipes and colored stuff in the case, thinking of upgrading to a z77 motherboard with crossfire in progress, 16gb ram and i7 but I don't know whether I need this much of specs, don't go online gaming that much, current specs are more than enough for me that's why I wanna go for watercooling. What about these H model corsairs? they look nice but never thought of how "bling" they are haha.

Do you still live in UAE? if so where do you get your computer parts from, got mine assembled in alain centre, 2 days later found out that I was ripped off :D.

Lutfij

Titan
nah don't live in UAE anymore.
found out that I was ripped off
its okay to be sad don't hide it with a smile :p. In fact this is whats happening even in my country, they charge you crazy and thas why i build my own machines and build for my pals/neighbors. If you stick around on Tom's you'll know thas what we encourage the end user to do.

What about these H model corsairs? they look nice but never thought of how "bling" they are
I'd keep a 5 yard stick between those corsair coolers and myself on anyday!

your hardware route looks nice! stick with it and don't bling yourself with the watercooling. You'll think: "why'd I do that instead of getting faster hardware" down the road and think all the effort for setting/priming up a watercooling loop was for nothing.

have you taken a look a the watercooling sticky - located in my sig? I also have an AMS projkt currently in progress, but that was after a gooooood read through of the sticky.

yamajee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

You're right I might go for better hardware even though this computer is only built since 2 days. Kinda sad that I didn't go for high specs but what the hell, might as well go for it. will have a look at your stickys and thanks again for the help :D.

yamajee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Had this nickname before I ever saw Bleach but yes I'm a fan of Bleach haha.

Yamajee was a drift champion back in the days, since you know about scoobies and hyundai sonatas I'm sure you know what drifting is.

yamajee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Hahahaa.

Got a photography guy who's affiliated with this car, it's a weekend/off-roading car so I'm affiliated with a couple of groups.

I think he uses a D3s nikon or something?

Lutfij

Titan
okay, you don't need to break a sweat about it :)

anyways, back on thread topic. Take a few looks into the watercooling sticky and get a feel for the stuff you'll be purchasing for the rig. In fact when you've finished upgrading the machine you can pull the trigger on getting your watercooling hardware. That way you can build up on it should you wan to, in the future.

If you like you can close this thread and move on and maybe have mods reopen when you'll want some feedback on watercooling or select best answer and close thread, open a new one to ask for new advice.

If you'd like any offline advice you can PM me, the icon is located on the left of my avatar - as a green envelope.

Assalamu'alaikum.

yamajee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

Haha.

Thank you so much for your help again and I'll pm you if I have anything to ask for.

W alaikum el salam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS