best weapon for a rogue

Arwen

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004

im playing with a pure rogue class with nwn and i wonder what is the
best weapon to fight against. at begining it's easy but since chap2 ,
it's beginning to be hard with all undead, elemental and boss (
furthermore dragons with klaus at chap3) because they are immune to
critical so the sneak attack,they have lucid vision+resistance damage.
how to deal in melee are against undead,elemental? what is the best
weapon for a rogue?

"arwen" <arwen@blablacom> wrote in message
> im playing with a pure rogue class with nwn and i wonder what is the
> best weapon to fight against. at begining it's easy but since chap2 ,
> it's beginning to be hard with all undead, elemental and boss (
> furthermore dragons with klaus at chap3) because they are immune to
> critical so the sneak attack,they have lucid vision+resistance damage.
> how to deal in melee are against undead,elemental? what is the best
> weapon for a rogue?

Keen, +10, Vorpal, Acid Dripping , Hastes, Darkvision, plus a few other
choice things of ubber slaying

> im playing with a pure rogue class with nwn and i wonder what is the
> best weapon to fight against. at begining it's easy but since chap2 ,
> it's beginning to be hard with all undead, elemental and boss (
> furthermore dragons with klaus at chap3) because they are immune to
> critical so the sneak attack,they have lucid vision+resistance damage.
> how to deal in melee are against undead,elemental? what is the best
> weapon for a rogue?

Undead have higher resistance to piercing and slashing damge... so a blunt
light weapon like a club or mace is probably your best bet. Or you could use
the "Use Magic Device" skill to cast spell from scrolls... though in OC
chapter 2 it could be a problem, as you cannot afford buying a lot of
scrolls for such large number of encounters.

Elementals are even worst than undead... they cause fewer special effects,
but they are tougher and hit harder. Your best bet is to target their
specific weakness (e.g. ice magic/magical weapon for fire elementals).

For Klauth, you can obtain the essence of a dead blue dragon to weaken it...
but still, you need to deliver to killing blow. You can use ranged weapons
to do that... due to bad scripting, Klauth won't do a thing if you retreat
back into the bridge and start firing arrows. Just make sure you kill him
before he casts healing spell on himself...

Is there a way for a rogue to do that? Sure... if the rogue is developed for
heavy combat. Otherwise, I think bringing along a henchmen would be the best
solution. Especially the evil monk... but if you can't stand his
personality/believes, take either the cleric or the barbarian.

And don't forget to buff up with spells and potions!

P.S. Your name reminds me of a Morrowind player...

"KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> wrote in message
> P.S. Your name reminds me of a Morrowind player...

Maybe a Tolkien character?