[SOLVED] Best Web Hosting Service for PHP Site

Oct 25, 2021
I am currently wrapping up an internship with my local Chick-fil-A, where I have built them a website with information about the business, and resources for our new team members. I am currently using a WAMP server on my laptop, as well as a server hosted by my university for testing purposes, and I am seeking out a service to host the site on permanently once it is complete. I see many services focus on making it easy to design a website, but I am really just looking to upload the files for the site that I have already created. Reasonable price, reliability, speed, and tech support are also important, as it is likely that someone other than myself will maintain the site when I have finished the internship. I am happy to hear suggestions! Thank you in advance.

Solution
This: "as well as a server hosted by my university for testing purposes, "

Have a discussion about the website with your advisor or applicable professor(s). If the website is going to be maintained by other interns then it seems sensible to have the website hosted by the university.

Maybe in a test environment that is kept separate from the University's system(s). You/the university may be able to work out some agreement that in exchange for hosting and managing the website the "customer company" would sponsor the effort to some extent.

E.g., some operational funds, stipends for graduate students, hardware, etc..

And if the university has a Business Department they might be interested as well.

No harm in thinking about the...
Oct 25, 2021
Well the three in my town are locally owned/operated, and there isn't an IT department per se. This has been mostly a solo project, with me working with the Operator and HR and Media Directors to develop the content for the site. I'm open to suggestions for services to use for testing the site before it is finished, as well as hosting it longterm.

Ralston18

Titan
This: "as well as a server hosted by my university for testing purposes, "

Have a discussion about the website with your advisor or applicable professor(s). If the website is going to be maintained by other interns then it seems sensible to have the website hosted by the university.

Maybe in a test environment that is kept separate from the University's system(s). You/the university may be able to work out some agreement that in exchange for hosting and managing the website the "customer company" would sponsor the effort to some extent.

E.g., some operational funds, stipends for graduate students, hardware, etc..

And if the university has a Business Department they might be interested as well.

No harm in thinking about the possibilities and drafting some plan or proposal based on the details and circumstances.

Very good "real world" situation where everyone could win.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Reactions: Cayden244
Solution
Nov 24, 2021
Considering your requirement managed cloud hosting solution like Cloudways seems to be a reliable solution for you as they offers server management on clicks with good speed, 24/7 support and works on Pay-as-you-go model.

Reactions: Cayden244