Question Best Webcam For Business Teleconferencing

Great White North

Reputable
Apr 5, 2020
I'm sure this question is being asked a lot these days, but I'm trying to figure out if my webcam is now dated. I have a Logitech C905, which is no longer available. The specs that I can find are as follows:

• Native 2MP HD sensor
  • 720 p widescreen mode
  • High Definition video (up to 1600 by 1200)
  • Up to 30 frames per second video
  • 2.0 USB Microphone with Logitech Rightsound Technology

I was told that the sound from this is good or very good.

My only intent is for videoconferencing, meetings and interviewing people. I won't be streaming or taking photos.

I'm a business consultant, so I need to look as good and professional as possible. I don't show anything to people on screen - all they need to do is be able to see my face and hear me.

Are there newer devices that will make me look be clearer or less pixelated, or is that at the mercy of my internet connection?

Sound is critical for me, but the sound I'm getting is adequate now.

I've heard there are some that auto-adjust for lighting; I don't think mine does.

One that clips on the top of my monitor will work best (as does my current one).

Should I stick with my current one, or get a newer one?

If I change, can anyone recommend a model?

Great White North

Reputable
Apr 5, 2020
I'm sure this question is being asked a lot these days, but I'm trying to figure out if my webcam is now dated. I have a Logitech C905, which is no longer available. The specs that I can find are as follows:
  • Native 2MP HD sensor
  • 720 p widescreen mode
  • High Definition video (up to 1600 by 1200)
  • Up to 30 frames per second video
  • 2.0 USB Microphone with Logitech Rightsound Technology
I was told that the sound from this is good or very good.

My only intent is for videoconferencing, meetings and interviewing people. I won't be streaming or taking photos.

I'm a business consultant, so I need to look as good and professional as possible. I don't show anything to people on screen - all they need to do is be able to see my face and hear me.

Are there newer devices that will make me look be clearer or less pixelated, or is that at the mercy of my internet connection?

Sound is critical for me, but the sound I'm getting is adequate now.

I've heard there are some that auto-adjust for lighting; I don't think mine does.

One that clips on the top of my monitor will work best (as does my current one).

Should I stick with my current one, or get a newer one?

If I change, can anyone recommend a model?