[SOLVED] Best Wi-Fi system for large house

mikeshappy

Honorable
Dec 15, 2014
Hello all,

I currently live in a fraternity house on my campus, which does not receive that campus internet so we have been trying to find a solution. The house is 24 rooms split between two floors that are right on top of each other. It is very old and each room has a large loft. Currently, we have the eero pro system with the main router downstairs and two extenders upstairs. With over 28 people in the house this system was basically useless and no one could ever really use the internet. I also don't think it is the ISP because the router and nodes are in the hallways, which is where the internet is around 300Mbps, but if I move 15 feet down the hall and into a room it drops to 20Mbps. Anyone have any recommendations for systems or how to fix? Anything is appreciated!

Solution
Hypothetically speaking it does work, what should I buy to put into my room, and does it have to work with the current eero system
MOCA devices.

One on an ethernet port on the router, others in the places where you want semi-hardwired devices.

Router->ethernet cable->MOCA device -> house coax -> MOCA device ->ethernet -> PC or laptop.

Basically, the MOCA devices pump your ethernet signal through the house coax, and extract it in the locations you want.

USAFRet

Titan
Hypothetically speaking it does work, what should I buy to put into my room, and does it have to work with the current eero system
MOCA devices.

One on an ethernet port on the router, others in the places where you want semi-hardwired devices.

Router->ethernet cable->MOCA device -> house coax -> MOCA device ->ethernet -> PC or laptop.

Basically, the MOCA devices pump your ethernet signal through the house coax, and extract it in the locations you want.

Solution