[SOLVED] Best wifi booster or extender for streaming?

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
I dont have the greatest upload speed so i stream on 720p and most times the speed and upload speed fluctuate and i want my viewers to see crisp livestream, any recommendations to help my stream? I would get a ethernet cable and do that but im moving soon. Are there any budget friendly boosters or extenders i can put in my room? Near my setup?

Solution
So i saw what they do, so its like an upgrade from ethernet cable? So there would be no cords running through walls just to connect to my pc in my room, correct? First connect one adapter to the wall and have the ethernet cable plug in the router and adapter, then have the other adapter in my room which is on the second floor and plug the 2nd adapter into the wall socket or can they work in a power strip? Plug that adapter in the wall or power strip and plug the other ethernet cable into my pc and adapter? Is that right?
It is recommended to plug powerline network adapters directly into the wall. Power strips may have "noise" filters which interfere with the adapters.

kanewolf

Titan
I dont have the greatest upload speed so i stream on 720p and most times the speed and upload speed fluctuate and i want my viewers to see crisp livestream, any recommendations to help my stream? I would get a ethernet cable and do that but im moving soon. Are there any budget friendly boosters or extenders i can put in my room? Near my setup?
A long ethernet cable is the most budget friendly option. A pair of powerline adapters would be my next recommendation. Look for AV2 "1000" spec units.

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
A long ethernet cable is the most budget friendly option. A pair of powerline adapters would be my next recommendation. Look for AV2 "1000" spec units.
So i saw what they do, so its like an upgrade from ethernet cable? So there would be no cords running through walls just to connect to my pc in my room, correct? First connect one adapter to the wall and have the ethernet cable plug in the router and adapter, then have the other adapter in my room which is on the second floor and plug the 2nd adapter into the wall socket or can they work in a power strip? Plug that adapter in the wall or power strip and plug the other ethernet cable into my pc and adapter? Is that right?

kanewolf

Titan
It is recommended to plug powerline network adapters directly into the wall. Power strips may have "noise" filters which interfere with the adapters.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS