[SOLVED] Best wifi card for gaming

NickMeister101

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
Hello I’m looking for a wifi gaming card for my pc. I don’t have a price range right now just looking for a great one that won’t be super overpriced but I do have money to spend

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
Solution

kanewolf

Titan
TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter - Gigabit Port, Ethernet Over Power, Plug&Play, Power Saving, MU-MIMO, Noise Filtering(TL-PA9020P KIT) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H74VKZU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rW0sEbM65Z66B

So for this one, do I just plug one into my router and the other in my room? Or do I have to buy the base station also
You plug an ethernet cable from your router into one unit. Plug that unit DIRECTLY into the wall. Then in your room, you plug the second unit DIRECTLY into the wall and an ethernet cable to your PC.

NickMeister101

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
Ok with my wifi, I use a modem and a router. In my router I can add up to 4 Ethernet cables. Should I just plug a secondary into the unit then to the wall. Sorry for all the questions

kanewolf

Titan
Does it matter what brand or should I just focus on the Av20 and mimo
I haven't seen any comparisons recently. I thought you found a set for $35 locally. If they are AV2 and MIMO I would give them a shot. SOME house wiring has problems with powerline adapters. I can't tell you if your house will definitely work or not. Buying from a store where you can return them is the safest option.

NickMeister101

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
I haven't seen any comparisons recently. I thought you found a set for $35 locally. If they are AV2 and MIMO I would give them a shot. SOME house wiring has problems with powerline adapters. I can't tell you if your house will definitely work or not. Buying from a store where you can return them is the safest option.
Ok thanks for your help