Best wifi router for my family

Lemarsghast

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
I have a Alienware 14, a ipad air, and a iphone 4. My mother has a mac mini, a windows xp computer, a dell laptop, and a iphone 5c. My dad has an iphone 6 plus, and a dell laptop. My sister has a iphone 4, and a dell laptop. Our current router is a linksys wrt300n with 802.11g radio type. Recently, the wifi router stopped having security and performance dramatically slowed down. What is the best router for all of us? I would also like for the router to support gigabit ethernet and have really good reviews and performance. Thanks.
P.S
Would a router under the cost of $100 be ideal for this?

Lemarsghast

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014

Sorry for the late response, but what if i am forced to spend less than $100? My mother has no knowledge of technology, and she told me to select one because i am the tech of the house. She forced me to spend less than $100 but everything under $100 does not meet my gaming criteria. Please help but thank you for your suggestion. And can all router suggestions be in best buy because my mother's $100 coupon is only for best buy.

corless1998

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
i would recommend a ASUS N16 flashed with DD-WRT, they are reliable. Been that way for a couple years. The only thing is they require a reboot about every 30 days to keep the internet running as a utility. I must admit they're a little pricy at around $160, but are excellent.

corless1998

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
i would recommend a ASUS N16 flashed with DD-WRT, they are reliable. Been that way for a couple years. The only thing is they require a reboot about every 30 days to keep the internet running as a utility. I must admit they're a little pricy at aroung $160, but are excellent

g90814

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013

In DD-WRT you can set it to auto-reboot at a set time every X days/hours. I have mine set to reboot at 3AM every day.

g90814

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
for the OP:

Just about any of the routers available at Bestbuy for near $100 would work for you.

If you want to buy from a local store, just go and find one of the salesguys who knows routers best (ask them for the best guy), tell them what you have, and what you want, and they should be able to recommend one for you.

If you are buying online, select $50-100, Wireless AC and Wireless-AC, sort by price with highest first, and the ones at the top of the list, any of them would work for you.

TRENDING THREADS