Question Best Wired Headset/Mic?

ThunderMS34

Reputable
Aug 26, 2019
Right now I'm using the HyperX Cloud Alpha Headset/Mic and it seems like I've had nothing but problems for a year. Not sure if putting the headset over the top of my Oculus Rift S is tearing at a cable in the headstrap or what. But my actual audio to hear is perfectly fine and normal. Its the microphone volume that goes low sometimes or is low alot. And I'm not sure why.

So I'm looking for something different.
Needs: Wired, Built in Microphone, can comfortably fit over a bigger head with an Oculus Rift S aswell on that said head.

Mar 11, 2023
Hello!
You have to tell us your budget first.
For what do you need the headset mainly? Gaming? Music? Streaming? Most of the headphones that are great at all of those things are quite expensive.
For example my headset is good for gaming but there is room for improvement, the best one I owned for music, but the microphone sound is very bad considering the price of the headset, some of the way cheaper headsets I owned had much better microphone.
However you mentioned that you would use it with VR, not many people can suggest you the exact headset.

ThunderMS34

Reputable
Aug 26, 2019
Hello!
You have to tell us your budget first.
For what do you need the headset mainly? Gaming? Music? Streaming? Most of the headphones that are great at all of those things are quite expensive.
For example my headset is good for gaming but there is room for improvement, the best one I owned for music, but the microphone sound is very bad considering the price of the headset, some of the way cheaper headsets I owned had much better microphone.
However you mentioned that you would use it with VR, not many people can suggest you the exact headset.

Nothing more than $150-$200 USD. Gonna be using it for gaming with friends, streaming and listening to music.

Mar 11, 2023
Nothing more than $150-$200 USD. Gonna be using it for gaming with friends, streaming and listening to music.
Hello. It is really hard for me to recommend you something else than these ones Amazon link for just 30$ more than your budget, save up those 30$ and you will not regret it. I own them and "in my opinion" these are the best overall GAMING headset you can buy at this price. Second best 360 audio I have heard while gaming, 1st place is pair of headset which is a lot more expensive 550$
I was about to write you a long review, but there are bunch of those on Forums and YT from people who will put words together better than I can.
Edit: these are wired. Hope this helps
Important: check the size because you said that you have a bigger head, they are comfortable for me but do not have to be for everyone.

Last edited: