Question Best Wireless Gaming Headset

Antreas_4

Honorable
Dec 5, 2016
Hi!
I Have The Razer Nari Ultimate and for the past couple of months the battery life has been failing me ( Averaging 5-6 hours Max) with no RGB on.
So i been wondering with are the best gaming wireless headset on the market right now.
What i am looking for is.
  1. Good battery life
  2. good mic quality
  3. good audio quality
  4. no plastic garbage that will brake after 1 month
That's all.
I had my mind on the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE or the Steelseries Arctis 9.
What is your opinions and suggestions.
Thank you!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
What is your opinions and suggestions.

No-one can answer you that, since people hear sounds differently and value different frequencies. E.g, i, personally, value deep bass above everything else and care little about mid-range and high-range. While i also require Dolby 7.1 surround sound within my headset.

Your best option is to read reviews, whereby both headsets have been reviewed by the same person. This, at least, would tell you sound quality differences between the two, but that's about it. How headset sits on the head, how well covered ears are, how clear the sound is etc <- all that is individual preference and can't be taken into account when choosing a headset.

All peripherals and PC cases, that have to do with individual taste and feel, can't be suggested accurately by other people, since other people suggest hardware based on their own, personal requirements, which, often doesn't align or even match yours.

For example and regarding headsets; i'm using Corsair Void Pro RGB USB (specs) and i like it a lot. It has good low-range and is also very comfortable to wear.

I gave my headset to my missus to test and to her, my headset felt too heavy on the head/neck, while to me, this isn't an issue. Void Pro RGB USB also doesn't have much clamping force and if you look up or down, headset will fall off. Some look it as negative, but there's also a flip side. Lower clamping force means that headset doesn't pressure temporal lobes (area around ears) and won't cause headache due to the pressure. Some people are more sensitive to the clamping force than others.

Corsair Void Pro RGB USB does have quite a bit of plastic in it's construction, but since i take good care of my hardware and won't rough handle them, i have 0 issues of it being made partly out of plastic.

Oh, i prefer wired peripherals over wireless. Wired peripherals have constant connection to PC, and if input/output doesn't register, there's either peripheral issue or software issue (more rare). Wireless peripherals, in the other hand, use bluetooth or wi-fi, which by it's nature is sporadic in connection. Hence why inputs doesn't register at all times.

Now, if bluetooth/wi-fi would be as good as wired connection, while also offering mobility (which wireless devices do), then there would be little need for wired connection. But since it isn't as good, and also has flaws, it is actually worse than wired connection. More so since wireless peripherals are battery powered. And when battery gets low/empty, you need to recharge them. Depending on a device, you may not be able to use the device during charging. That, and the capacity of the rechargeable battery also diminishes over time. If lucky, you can replace the battery within wireless peripheral for a new one. If not, you need to buy completely new wireless peripheral.

All-in-all, wireless peripherals are only good if you can't stand the cable between peripheral and PC, while are willing to put up with all the flaws of wireless devices (unreliable connection, battery charging, battery capacity lowering to name the few).

Antreas_4

Honorable
Dec 5, 2016
I am trying to keep the wires to the minimum, and also i don't use the headset more than 3-4 hours daily and sometimes 10+ hours on the weekends.
one of my friends suggested me the Steelseries 9 wireless and i did a little research and they say that the steelseries 7+ wireless have a better buttery life.
i also watches some videos on youtube and everyone seems to be happy with both of the steelseries headset.
What is your opinions?
Thank you

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
one of my friends suggested me the Steelseries 9 wireless and i did a little research and they say that the steelseries 7+ wireless have a better buttery life.

Found comparison between the two,
review: https://www.streamtechreviews.com/blog/arctis7plusvs9

And 2nd one too, far more technical,
comparison: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/t...ss-vs-steelseries-arctis-9-wireless/771/18040

I already gave you my thoughts on headsets. But if you want wider scope, then PCmag has nice showdown of best wireless headsets,
article: https://www.pcgamer.com/best-wireless-gaming-headset/

Personally, i'd go to PC/electronics store and test the headset out, before buying it. To see if it is something i like or not.

In a way, it's like buying shoes. Until you haven't tried them on, you can't tell if those fit your needs, regardless what everyone else are saying.