Question Best xeon under $100 for gaming?

dude2345

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
I have looked at many of the LGA 1366 xeon`s and as i plan to overclock, the boards that are unlocked cost around $150. I cant find a decent price set for around $125, any help is appreciated.

You simply wont find a cheap consumer x58 board for overclocking. Most are auctioned off,and tbh, the 1366 xeon ipc is far below of most modern parts today.
Workstation and server x58 boards are plentiful, but there will be no overclocking with those.

What do you have right now, and why do you want to go for the x58 route?

if you had a x58 gaming motherboard already i would say get the 3.3ghz+ 6 core. like the W3690 as its fast enough for gaming at 1080p with anything up to a gtx 970/rx 470/480
they can be had for as little as 40-50 on the rite day. they can be oc'd slightly but the power-draw becomes ridiculous...

but saying as you dont have a board and ram already. i would say get a ryzen quad or an older model 4-5 gen intel board and chip

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Figure also in the board itself. 9/10 x58 that'll OC have been OC'd for most of their life, which is just over 10 years now for some mobo's. You'll have to seriously consider capacitor degredation, swelling etc unless you go with a recapped mobo, in which you'll be relying on whomever soldered it to have done a quality job.