BestConfigs Is Back, And Powered By You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when is $1k build "budget"?? I thought "budget", espeicailly in these economic times, meant somehting more in the $400-600 price range (especially since your not including the OS/Keyboard/Mouse). I'm going to submit an actual "Budget" build like I did in 2010 (which I won that build too). Obviously I'm not going to have the best $1k build, but at least it'll be "budget" and not sooo shocking to the general public (which "friends and family looking for a parts list" won't be turned away by the price).

Good luck to all!

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Ah look Tom's does read the comments.Now, time to build a system.[/citation]

I read *all* of the comments, friend ;-)

General M00n

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2008
Agreeing with lunyone here, 1000 bucks is i5-2500k + 6950 territory. I'll be submitting a $400 build to show you don't need to spend much to get good performance and a $600 because i believe its the sweet spot money-for-frames wise.

Are we going to have a sticky or maybe a good reference on the front page of Toms?? Last time we had this build-off, it was a bit hard to find where they were located. It'll also allow new people to come onto the site and see where to find the build-off at.

GOOOOO General MOOn!!! I currently have a ~$600 build right now in the "AMD Budget Build" section for all to see. I list several options, so hopefully you can make and informed decision on what you want to spend for a "Budget" gaming rig!!

springhalo

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
@Wolfram, They should have super budget and budget, being ~450 and 650, respectively. 500 is just too close to getting into the beginning enthusiast builds, and people would be better off waiting till they have ~650 saved up to do so. For people who want to hop on, and game ASAP with minimal money spent (migrating from consoles) even extremely low budget builds will blow consoles out of the water (if you play at native 720p resolution and upscale, hehehe)

Status
Not open for further replies.