BestConfigs Poll: Budget Intel-Based Gaming PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Which build do you like best?

• AMD Radeon's Black-Red R9 290 Budget Build

Votes: 32 40.5%
  • shortstuff_mt's $1000 Intel-based gaming beast

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Michael Perkins's Build

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • damric's Sub-$600 Low Power HD Gamer

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • wolverine96's Green is for Envy

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

zcfbhsfh

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
So would damric's build be able to run games like Crysis 3, Watch dogs, Battlefield 4 and CoD Ghosts? I am really looking forward to invest like 700$ on a gaming PC with an aim to play those games,

At medium settings with AA turned down it will be fine.

To really crank the detail settings you will need to raise your budget up a bit and go for more GPU and an i5. Right now you can get GTX 770 or r9 280X for about $250. Keep in mind that you would also need a bigger PSU. November is the best month to buy, especially on newegg. Watch prices everyday and look for promo codes/coupons.

1982shawn

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
Hello Damric,
I am thinking about trying this build you have suggested. The only game I play is WOW, and all i do is raid. The computer will not be used for anything else. I'd like to get rid of the HDD and go with just the SSD. I also have about $200 more to spend for a better CPU, PSU, and GPU, what would you recommend?

This is a good time of the year to build. Especially Newegg has a lot of great sales every day.

What is your total budget?

(The builds above are already obsolete because prices have changed and new models are available).