you have obviously not used the comment system lately

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
"Q. What will change, if anything?

A. We'd be bonkers to try and fix what isn't broken"

you have obviously not used the comment system lately

"an error occured"

is how most of my comments end up. hope this one actually stays up.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Dear Tom's Staff: I've read Tom's since the old pair.com days (i.e. probably about 15 years). I wish you well on this transition, thank you for the great coverage, and credit Tom's for helping transform popular PC & tech journalism.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Does this mean the comments will finally be fixed (no deleting your message because you typed a message while not being signed in)

(editing comments posted on toms guide, and other useful things)

RedundantInk

Sep 15, 2012

Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, thank you!

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Does this, "...greater investment in feature development and a bunch of new content...", mean more padding articles that are only vaguely related to tech or does it mean more articles about the core subject of computing HARDWARE?

Q

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

I'd thumb you up, if could...

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Go back to the OLD comments style. Sure it wasn't exactly Android friendly... but you could find your posts or other comments with a COMMENT Number. You can QUOTE easily... you can do bold face. I'd take the spam and functionality of the OLD compared to this garbage that is used today.

Seriously... if I rated the OLD comments, which was used for years... I'd give it a 7. What is used today... I'd give it a 2.

redBom

Super-Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
@belardo, actually you still can quote and do everything you could done before, this new comment system was designed to be more simple to use and mobile friendly.
You still have all your favorite functionalities by commenting on the forum (the link is available on the comments block title on the icon)

Have you tried voting lately? How about Tom's Guide comments, have you tried to clear your notifications, edit comments, etc?

Exactly. Voting generally produces an error, there is usually no "Stop Tracking this Thread" option, and in fact clicking from the tracker often produces a white screen, I believe if the last comment was spam (but I really can't tell).

Status
Not open for further replies.