Beta 1

Beta 1 found adware on my computer, I deleted as suggested. Beta runs every
night and for 4 days I deleted the same adware.
*I have not been able to update Beta since 4/17. It gives me error message
of "not being able to connect to internet" I have broadband and are
connected on the time. I can update other things.
Norton 2005 also found the same adware. I also deleted it there. But my
computer is slow and reboots by itself so something is still in there.
I also ran Ad-aware, Spybot, Spysubtract and CWShedder in attempt to fix it.
The adware found is " winsrm32.dll "
Any suggestions?
Lenore

http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/pf/adware.searchmall.html
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"lenore" <lenore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Beta 1 found adware on my computer, I deleted as suggested. Beta runs
> every
> night and for 4 days I deleted the same adware.
> *I have not been able to update Beta since 4/17. It gives me error
> message
> of "not being able to connect to internet" I have broadband and are
> connected on the time. I can update other things.
> Norton 2005 also found the same adware. I also deleted it there. But my
> computer is slow and reboots by itself so something is still in there.
> I also ran Ad-aware, Spybot, Spysubtract and CWShedder in attempt to fix
> it.
> The adware found is " winsrm32.dll "
> Any suggestions?
> Lenore

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:D71065AA-9C21-4389-A05C-251CE25D9F8B@microsoft.com,
lenore <lenore@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Beta 1 found adware on my computer, I deleted as suggested. Beta
> runs every night and for 4 days I deleted the same adware.
> *I have not been able to update Beta since 4/17. It gives me error
> message of "not being able to connect to internet" I have broadband
> and are connected on the time. I can update other things.
> Norton 2005 also found the same adware. I also deleted it there.
> But my computer is slow and reboots by itself so something is still
> in there.
> I also ran Ad-aware, Spybot, Spysubtract and CWShedder in attempt to
> fix it. The adware found is " winsrm32.dll "
> Any suggestions?
> Lenore

Also try doing your scan in safe mode without networking to make sure that
the malware is not running and reloading itself. Reboot, press the F8 key
over and over again during boot, and scan again.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Thanks- I will try it.
Lenore