Beta PVV1-dockable deck questions

Hi

We got a BetaSP camera with a PVV1P dockable deck, which unfortunately
came without manual. I can work-out all the buttons, but there is one
pushbutton marked CTMD (below the monitor/alarm-buttons). What does it
do exactly? I saw if I push it, the image in the viewfinder changes,
but I can't work-out what it should mean.
On another note, the playback of video only seems to go via the
viewfinder. Is there a way to set it to go out via one of the
video-outputs as well?

TIA

-martin-

--
filmmaker/DP/editor/filmschool techie
Sydney, Australia

"The world is on the move. Adopt, adapt, survive."

Martin Heffels <mheffels@neewsguy.com> wrote:

> We got a BetaSP camera with a PVV1P dockable deck, which unfortunately
> came without manual. I can work-out all the buttons, but there is one
> pushbutton marked CTMD (below the monitor/alarm-buttons). What does it
> do exactly? I saw if I push it, the image in the viewfinder changes,
> but I can't work-out what it should mean.

CTDM - Compressed Time Division Multiplex

When you know what to look for, pressing it during recording will tell
you that your recording to tape is OK - if you know what to look for it
just makes the picture go funny. Ask any news cameraperson of a certain
age ;-)

> On another note, the playback of video only seems to go via the
> viewfinder. Is there a way to set it to go out via one of the
> video-outputs as well?

No - unfortunately (if it's the same as the old BVW1 broadcast backs).
You need to take a field player out with you.

Stuart
--
http://www.sundog.co.uk - cut that out to reply

SM <info@that.sundog.co.uk> wrote: