Bethesda Announces New 'Fallout' Anthology Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be nice if the games were fully on the disk without a client like steam and there mandatory content /downloads or internet connection required just to load and play ? like pc games use to be , remember ?? I just cant see paying for a game a 3ed party has more control over it and my pc then I do ? its a shame

G

Are they going to fix fallout3? It doesn't work well on Windows 7 and higher.

mrmike_49

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
$50 is a pretty high price still: Fallout and Fallout 2 have been sold as low as $5 for the pair, FONV and FO3 are both currently (today!) $14 each for Ultimate/GOTY Edition on Steam, regular price being $20 each, and GOG usually sells FO1 and FO2 for $5 each

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
it would be nice if the games were fully on the disk without a client like steam and there mandatory content /downloads or internet connection required just to load and play ? like pc games use to be , remember ?? I just cant see paying for a game a 3ed party has more control over it and my pc then I do ? its a shame

i just want a decent sale price of the first 2 games and tactics but apparently bethesda doesn't know what 75% is.

danlw

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Hopefully they patch 1 and 2 enough that it will work properly. I remember some of the videos never working properly, and this was when I played them 10-ish years ago.

chenw

Honorable
$50 is a pretty high price still: Fallout and Fallout 2 have been sold as low as $5 for the pair, FONV and FO3 are both currently (today!) $14 each for Ultimate/GOTY Edition on Steam, regular price being $20 each, and GOG usually sells FO1 and FO2 for $5 each
GoG no longer sells any FO games.

No they wont (there is a way to fix it yourself and thats why they wont fix it).

I have fallout 1 2 3 and tactics, new vegas..... not so into it.

Still like Fallout 2 the most. That BOZAR was insanity, with the drawback youd probably kill everything in a 120 degree angle.

KublaiKhan

Distinguished
May 24, 2015
Shameless money grab for titles frequently on sale for half the price. Add to this the lack of updates, and it's all the more revolting. Redressing advertising as editorial is something best left to other sites, as is repeating a press release sans analysis or critical commentary.

KublaiKhan

Distinguished
May 24, 2015

There are community patches to move the game to a playable state, as with every Bethesda title. Bethesda doesn't "fix" their games unless faced with ongoing media humiliation, as with their dragons flying backwards and objects being stuck in the ground.

I've only played Fallout in Windows 7. It takes community patches, but it does work as well as any other game out there. It certainly works better than Arkham Knight.

Bear in mind that it will be very dated-looking without a high-end system capable of running the associated graphic overhauls.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
This should be named...

"Lets milk as much as we can out of the old code, before Fallout 4 is released and everything that came before it becomes obsolete and worthless!"

kingoftown

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2015
I have never played any Fallout game, and the recent hype about Fallout 4 brought some interest to me. So for me, Fallout Trilogy is a better collection, than anthology, primarily because it is very cheap on the online portal, and no steam downloading.

KublaiKhan

Distinguished
May 24, 2015

Take a another look at Windows itself. From XP Service Pack 2 onward, it has been built from the ground up to monitor everything you do and report back to Redmond. Windows 10 basically gives Microsoft the ability to archive and monetize your entire computing experience. The data Steam collects pales in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.