Bethesda Confirms Third Skyrim DLC Dragonborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bethesda seems to have all the right ideas about DLC's, but execution was lacking on both Dawnguard and Hearthfire. Original vampires were pretty crappy, but the added content wasn't that great, and 20USD is such a rip-off. Hearthfire was a great idea, but had been done on the nexus before and had been done better.

For this one, the idea of flying mounts and expanded armor sets looks great, let's just hope they can execute it at the same level of quality as the original game.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]captainblacko[/nom]never played Skyrim yet ive heard so much about it. Is it worth getting? what platform is it best on?[/citation]

Its worth getting and its defiantly best on a game grade PC (like 99% of the games really), add a few gfx enhancing mods (high-res textures ect) crank up the aa+anisotropic filtering ect and at that point it become painful to even look at the console version's sluggish and by comparison poor gfx.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]captainblacko[/nom]never played Skyrim yet ive heard so much about it. Is it worth getting? what platform is it best on?[/citation]

I'm sure it will be on sale via Steam for either Black Friday or the holidays in December.

G

fucking so not fair i am a ps3 user but i dont have 100% choice in the matter i cant afford 2 pay microsofts charges to go online and i cant afford 2 buy a $1000 laptop 2 get the game on there which is why choose ps3 i really really want these dlc's! i hate how we get left out not only once not only twice but 3 times now what a stab in the back

JBB-SaDo

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2012
I would like to inform you of a Lord of the Rings fan modification of the Elder Scrolls Skyrim, which has recently been issued a cease and desist letter from Warner Brothers Entertainment. The mod's name is MERP (Middle earth Roleplaying Project), which has been in development since before 2008 (though then for a different game). Since then, the team has matured and the mod has seen a huge boost in quality, fan support and developemnt experience.

Now we need all the support we can get from fans, other modders, game websites, famous people and whoever can help to spread news about our current situation to show Warner Bros. how much everyone cares about our project.

After contact with Warner Brothers, they did not permit us to continue the project privately with no public releases. We have contact with a lawyer who is trying to argue our case as transformative and under 'fair use', but we also need all the support we can get!

Please help our cause, and spread the news and don't let this awesome non-profit project come to an end!

We have a petition, facebook pages, and a twitter hashtag – #SaveMERP

http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middle-earth-roleplaying-project

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-merp-from-corporate-greed.html

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
"December 4th on Xbox 360 for 1600 MSP ($20). No PC or PS3 release dates have been mentioned"
Again I say F U Bethesda and MS. I will not buy any expansions now for my PC until one day if you release a GOTY edition and it goes on sale.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]Thomas Creel[/nom]YAY! Hopefully I can use this game to pass the time ( 2013-2017 ) while a crappy president is in office.[/citation]
We know you are talking about the lying Marxist from Kenya and we all already know he is crappy so whats your point.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Sweet. I havent download dawngaurd yet. I plan on taking a whole week off during christmas and now i have two DLC's. I feel sorry for you all that only have consoles. Skyrim for PC with all the mods out there make a great game even better. Maybe santa will bring you a gaming pc for christmas!
I just wish someone would make a weapon/armor degradation mod. I am getting better at layout and nav meshing but, scripting seems tough.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I am disappointed that the dragon (really wyvern) mounts don't appear to be nearly as versatile as Arokh was in the Drakan games. It seems to be more of an afterthought from all the promotional videos I've seen. I really would have appreciated something close to the Drakan games (they need to make those again).

JBB-SaDo

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2012

PC has mods though....

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]sarinaide[/nom]Changed from Skryim on the PC to Skyrim on the console, the experience is much improved. The worst thing Bethesda did was to port Skyrim it is hardly impressive.[/citation]
Best thing Bethesda did was, release skyrim with CK and let the creation begin!

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I just replayed Fallout 3 and F3 New Vegas. Next will be Oblivion and then Skyrim. I finished all four at least twice (each) before. Great games on PC with mods (nexus) and script extender.

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
anyone that hasn't bought or played skyrim yet: get the inventory mod. IT CHANGES EVERYTHING.

There was a before and after moment after I got that one.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]I just replayed Fallout 3 and F3 New Vegas. Next will be Oblivion and then Skyrim. I finished all four at least twice (each) before. Great games on PC with mods (nexus) and script extender.[/citation]
Agree

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]JBB-SaDo[/nom]I would like to inform you of a Lord of the Rings fan modification of the Elder Scrolls Skyrim, which has recently been issued a cease and desist letter from Warner Brothers Entertainment. The mod's name is MERP (Middle earth Roleplaying Project), which has been in development since before 2008 (though then for a different game). Since then, the team has matured and the mod has seen a huge boost in quality, fan support and developemnt experience.Now we need all the support we can get from fans, other modders, game websites, famous people and whoever can help to spread news about our current situation to show Warner Bros. how much everyone cares about our project.After contact with Warner Brothers, they did not permit us to continue the project privately with no public releases. We have contact with a lawyer who is trying to argue our case as transformative and under 'fair use', but we also need all the support we can get!Please help our cause, and spread the news and don't let this awesome non-profit project come to an end!We have a petition, facebook pages, and a twitter hashtag – #SaveMERPhttp://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-mid [...] ng-projecthttp://www.gopetition.com/petition [...] greed.html[/citation]No offense, and I wish them the best of luck but... building a LOTR mod for Skyrim is like putting a big sign above your head that says "Hey! I'm using big name shit I don't own the rights to! Sue my ass!"

If it makes you feel better, visualize the above but with Minecraft graphics.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]No offense, and I wish them the best of luck but... building a LOTR mod for Skyrim is like putting a big sign above your head that says "Hey! I'm using big name shit I don't own the rights to! Sue my ass!"If it makes you feel better, visualize the above but with Minecraft graphics.[/citation]

Doesn't matter, fair use.

Status
Not open for further replies.