Bethesda Now Seeking Playtesters for Unreleased Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 217926

Fingers crossed! No where near Texas but who knows.

f-14

Distinguished
i've done this for select EA Sports games for over a decade when i found out they had an office in my city. the entire perimeter of the facility is setup with multiplayer gaming in mind with the center zone and individual work stations between game stations to work on issues as they arise while developing the games.

there is also a Blizzard office not too far away on the opposite side of the city as well that is set up in the same manner but in a warehouse. i found both of these places in 2 days while doing some contract work for one of their suppliers and have enjoyed what little time i get to experiment on. i can say i have found more than a few cheats/exploits in features of the games that had to be fixed or sadly eliminated from some games if they couldn't be fixed in 3 days or less. two of the engineers still working there groan when they find me there playing.

sorry Ben, sorry Paul, it's all Kens fault, he made me do it!

jscynder

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Why would they ask for ESO playtesters when the beta has been going on for nearly a year? but we could hope for things like a real Fallout 4 XD

RupertJr

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
people has to spend time and money to test games for them for free so they can earn lots of money later? that does not sound reasonable for me...

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Come on, announce Fallout 4 already, and when that gets released start working on TES VI. All your other games can go jump off a cliff.

"It is important for us to know how the game feels for everyone"

Dumb it down for maximum market penetration. Got it.

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Let's see. Have lots of extra vacation days to use up. Live an hour and a half from DFW. Could drop the wife off at any of the local malls. Signing up now.

Head's up. There's a field to enter the games you've played this year. If you click out of the field, and back, it will erase everything you had written. Make the list in notepad first, and copy it over. ;-)

I wish Bethesda and Akella would get together and release an updated version of 'Sea Dogs'. This was among my favorite games of all time. The ship battles were realistic. Nothing has since come close. Pirates of the Carribean was essentially Sea Dogs II and capitalized on the success of the movie, but the game wasn't true to the original. Nothing has come close since. Sid Meiers Pirates had elements but the ship battles were very arcade-like and rushed. I'd still play the heck out of Sea Dogs if it worked in Windows 7 64-bit.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
@f14,

I was going to say the same thing. When I was in college we used to walk over a few blocks to the EA office (Vancouver, well technically Burnaby) and play test some of their games. Generally they would give you a free game afterwards.

tbq

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
It's a fun gig when you can get it. I've done a bunch of testing for Microsoft which is just down the road. Played many Xbox and PC games long before they hit the beta stage. Some of the tests are boring since the games are barely stable and full of glitches and only have limited parts finished to a playable state.

Status
Not open for further replies.