li3a.png

JonDol

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015

Which at its turn is a rip-off MTG...

XaveT

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2013

Huh. I didn't realize that MTG: Online had been around that long. Wikipedia says 2002 though. That's interesting. I've watched people play Magic before, but I don't claim to be able to play it.

Is it really that similar? Heros, minions, mana/mana regen, spells, deck types, etc.? I may have just never seen some of the elements before.

JonDol

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015

Having played MTG for 15 years I wasn't interested in clones like HS so I cannot compare their details precisely but yes, you have things like that in MTG, maybe not all you have in HS since it had to be a bit original afterall, isn't it ?

The same goes for Blizzard's WoW: never got to like it since it came 5 years after Anarchy Online and brought little to nothing new excepting the huge marketing machine which made it popular...

XaveT

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2013

Eh, I have to give that one to Blizzard. They were using ideas and pieces from Warcraft which was prior (1994-96, 99) to Anarchy Online. Plus the storyline(s) in WoW were much better.

Come on. Enough with this other Elder Scrolls garbage. Online, Skyrim HD and now a card game. It is distracting the company from making Elder Scrolls 6.

Skyrim HD was completely unnecessary. The mods available provided way better eye candy than the HD release.

Status
Not open for further replies.