Bethesda Reveals 'DOOM' Multiplayer Trailer, Closed Beta Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunzaus

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
I can't for this. This is the kinda multiplayer games I played in my childhood (Quake 2 and the original Unreal Tournament. And CS 1.0-1.5 ofcourse)

I have this put a stop to shooters like Call of Duty and such being what most people play.

Bring on the unrealistic gore!

dstarr3

Distinguished
ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH I'm trying so hard to contain my excitement about this, but they're making it so difficult to not get hyped! I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this to be good! PLEASE be good!

Dunzaus

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH I'm trying so hard to contain my excitement about this, but they're making it so difficult to not get hyped! I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this to be good! PLEASE be good!

*Patpat*

'' can't for this. This is the kinda multiplayer games I played in my childhood (Quake 2 and the original Unreal Tournament. And CS 1.0-1.5 ofcourse) ''

lol - dude not even close

your thinking about real games not these wish it were a

recall the Bethesda doom lats released ?? what a joke tried to make it was like a real Id game and failed all they got is Id in name and that's about it and trying to live off that in title only..

if this was any knod of real Id game first there would be no steam cliants involved and the game would be fully on the disk 2ed carmack would not let go a hunk of junk like Bethesda does .. 3ed you would get a Linux client to run the game on Linux

don't be fooled by that crapola

enjoy

Dunzaus

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
'' can't for this. This is the kinda multiplayer games I played in my childhood (Quake 2 and the original Unreal Tournament. And CS 1.0-1.5 ofcourse) ''

recall the Bethesda doom lats released ?? what a joke tried to make it was like a real Id game and failed all they got is Id in name and that's about it and trying to live off that in title only..

if this was any knod of real Id game first there would be no steam cliants involved and the game would be fully on the disk 2ed carmack would not let go a hunk of junk like Bethesda does .. 3ed you would get a Linux client to run the game on Linux

enjoy

''hunk of junk like Bethesda does'' . Yes because we all know that Bethesda only make bad games. *Rolls eyes* #Irony

well don't know about all that but they took Id games and pretty much ruined them for true Id gamers

like quake live

''Quake Live also switched from its own in-house account system to using the Steamworks API, giving the game tighter integration with the Steam ecosystem and client features. However, due to these changes, all user statistics were reset. Additionally, the premium subscription options was dropped, as the game is no longer free-to-play and must be purchased for ''

''Quake Live has seen inclusion in many tournaments worldwide. In recent years, however, the game has experienced a decline in the number of tournaments due to waning popularity

yup, it was all good until Bethesda got control ..

kewlbootz

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015

enjoy

''hunk of junk like Bethesda does'' . Yes because we all know that Bethesda only make bad games. *Rolls eyes* #Irony

Well, Fallout 4 was garbage, 3 was passable, Skyrim destroyed what remnant of Morrowind's complexity that Oblivion clung to. Dishonored was okay.

They're getting worse and worse. Not all that hyped for DOOM, especially considering they adopted the loadout system for MP.

popatim

Titan
IMO they all gravitate to console type play you can use a pad instead of a keyboard...
This makes some graphics options console compatible so they don't have to inflate the byte count & man-hours in development plus it makes an easier console/pc port.

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
yeah the graphics are slightly underwhelming. bethesda doesnt have an awesome track record in that respect. i love fallout but it looks terrible and there are some hilarious clipping issues. this is also the first doom without carmack since he left the company to work for oculus. he laid the foundation work but it doesnt have his touch in the final product.

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
yeah the graphics are slightly underwhelming. bethesda doesnt have an awesome track record in that respect. i love fallout but it looks terrible and there are some hilarious clipping issues. this is also the first doom without carmack since he left the company to work for oculus. he laid the foundation work but it doesnt have his touch in the final product.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

enjoy

just because the games sell well doesn't mean they are good.
maybe they will get to how good they use to be, it seems like every release since oblivion has tried making the games a bit more complex, getting mainstream use to rpg mechanics they did away with.

story aside, as there are massive issues with story that people better than me can go on about.

the games are getting better, but i am 80 hours into fallout 4 and i can only say 2 of those hours were really good. consider it like this, a jrpg if you just had story fights, that's fun, but the moment you are in the grind those aren't fun hours anymore, the only thing fallout 4 has over that is the gameplay in those down time hours is still king of enjoyable.

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
I played it for a while now, and it's very slow compared to UT. So slow that it's annoying. Graphics are ok, but it's just another generic one... Why can't they get the point? Get real blood & gore back in there. Srgt Mark IV's brutal doom is better...

Status
Not open for further replies.