Bethesda Reveals First 'The Evil Within' DLC, 'The Assignment'

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterf28

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
This game is total sh1t. Or maybe I just dont like horror games. I did not also like Alien Isolation and Dead Space. Slow pace, no real action, everything is dark. Who plays these games ?

ykki

Honorable
This game's marketing is just like this meme
owner-of-ea-games_o_2572893.jpg

http://rs2img.memecdn.com/owner-of-ea-games_o_2572893.jpg

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
This game is total sh1t. Or maybe I just dont like horror games. I did not also like Alien Isolation and Dead Space. Slow pace, no real action, everything is dark. Who plays these games ?
People who like survival horror. You just don't like survival horror, which IS going to be slow paced most times and about scaring the willies out of you with the next monster that jumps out at you from an unknown (for a first time player) position.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Personally I had the opposite reaction to Evil Within; I felt it was still too action-oriented, especially when you've managed to horde enough ammo and upgrades. Never got quite the same sense of dread and helplessness as in earlier Resident Evil or Silent Hill games.

Good to see new games in the genre of course, but it still felt a bit too samey; lots of horror tropes, didn't really care much for the characters. I dunno, I prefer games that take safe places and make them scary, rather than always being in the same inherently creepy places that every other game uses.

Undying89

Distinguished

Go play CoD and keep your opinion for yourself.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
So if someone doesn't like survival horror that automatically makes them a Call of Duty fanboy? Weak retort.

The Evil Within was average at best. The story was downright frustrating to listen to.

And these types of games/movies nowadays go for "shock value" rather than compelling content. It's a far cry from the RE days.

Barantos1

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
I love survival horror games.... I absolutely love them. However, this game was awful. I bought into the hype and picked this game up. The story was garbage, the gameplay even worse. Don't think you are alone if you didn't like this game. The new Silent Hill is looking promising though.

Status
Not open for further replies.