Bethesda Reveals PC Requirements for Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
those reccomends just for high setting ... i hope bethesda is shitting us
seriously this game is running on xbox 360 they better not lazily handle teh code for this like oblivion did makign it require far more ahrdware than what a game of it's looks would normally require ( Oblivion stil stutters and lags on my current system and has frame drops down to 18 fps in places , while Fall out new vegas a game that uses that same engine , runs at 37-69 fps)

if my current system has issues runing on high i'm gonna be taking a big crap on thier turd job of engine optimazation ., I so tired of playing myself bored of thier games long before i get a system that can actually run them as was the case with oblivion

it's almsot enough to push me back to consoles for beth games.. if it wasn't for the mod community

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
GTX 260 needed for high??
Man Im so looking forward to this game, but Bethesda has lost my trust in them after the Rage fail and screwing PC owners over with no grease! Will this be another console port? Many people that put a lot of money into their PC don't accept crap like that, especially from Bethesda......

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Why can't they learn from Battlefield 3, their pre-order was 3 million copies! To make a great looking game for weaker consoles is grea,t but spend the time and effort to take advantages of stronger PC systems also. Idiots! Their design management team should all be fired.

[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]260gtx? this a joke?...if it ain't ill be tearing this a new one when i review it. - likesanddislikesshow[/citation]
what are you saying? that it should require a gtx580 to play it so only 5% of people can play it? Its probably going to be a polished game unlike some recent releases......

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
If this runs ok on the same consoles as Oblivion, then PC requirements higher than Oblivion are unacceptable. Developer is simply incompetent BS.

Another key requirement for PC should be: "desperation and a taste for mediocrity"

Not buying. Not even pirating. It looks nearly the same as Oblivion except SLIGHTLY higher graphics, and we had sooo much fun with Oblivion's broken game balance where the easiest way to beat the game was to NEVER LEVEL UP, or other amusing scenes like building up your stealth skills by having your naked player crouch-toggled and crawling nonstop into a pillar behind a guard on the freezing Blades mountain base overnight with a weight pressed on the W-key on your keyboard as you slept, went for work ... ;P

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
"Stop right there, criminal scum!"

Oblivion wasn't that bad. Mods made it *much* better, though. Just hoping the bugs in Skyrim won't be so numerous.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
If you feel graphics quality is the most important aspect of a game, maybe Skyrim isn't for you after all, maybe you should go back to Crysis. I yawned through Crysis, Crysis WH and Crysis 2 but I'm sure I'm going to like Skyrim and I don't care what kind of graphics it has (as long as it's at least as good as Fallout 3).

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]what are you saying? that it should require a gtx580 to play it so only 5% of people can play it? Its probably going to be a polished game unlike some recent releases......[/citation]

Lmao. I guess someone still has a GTX 260......

[citation][nom]stereopsis[/nom]I wonder whether it will be as good as Morrowind or as bad as Oblivion.[/citation]
how was oblivion bad? a bad game doesnt make game of the year, and score extremely well in reviews. The leveling was a little annoying but it didnt make it a bad game.

[citation][nom]neon871[/nom]Guess I won't be buying this game, I hate steam! I'll quit playing games all together before I ever buy a game that requires steam.[/citation]
I agree steam is a gay piece of crap, but im used to it. At least you wont have to be permanently connected to the internet to play the game, only to activate it.

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]If you feel graphics quality is the most important aspect of a game, maybe Skyrim isn't for you after all, maybe you should go back to Crysis. I yawned through Crysis, Crysis WH and Crysis 2 but I'm sure I'm going to like Skyrim and I don't care what kind of graphics it has (as long as it's at least as good as Fallout 3).[/citation]

Yes a game should have other good aspects besides graphics. But you need to keep moving technology forward. Old stale graphics is what is going to kill the PC, everyone will just get consoles.

And I don't know what ur talking about Crysis 2 was an amazingly fun game. Maxed out with dx11 and high texture pack made me drool. Better graphics erase the line between reality and unreality a little more and gives a player a more immersive visual experience that feels more real. MOVE FORWARD PEOPLE OR GO PLAY YOUR CONSOLE.

BETHESDA IS NOT GETTING MY MONEY! Canceled pre-order!

stereopsis

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
"how was oblivion bad? a bad game doesnt make game of the year, and score extremely well in reviews. The leveling was a little annoying but it didnt make it a bad game."

I would say that the levelling was BROKEN. It really ruined the immersion for me. You can get through the entire game on level 1? After a certain level every hobo you come across has daedric gear? I found I didn't really CARE about anything in Oblivion. Completely the opposite for Morrowind.

kathiki

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Oblivion and the Elder scrolls will always be my favourite game series simply becuase the have always offered depth in many aspects of the rpg genre...

Still Bethesda, after having allowed Rage to reach the game shelves with such a short and SHALLOW content, I will need to be cautious of you.

@iam2thecrowe you lol so witlessly cause what you lol at seems impossible to comprehend. Yes there may be people with such gfx cards... Use your irony in a more constructive way.

Minimum requirements are for those who will play on old pcs.... think those people should have the right to play as well.... it is by no means indicative of the game's engine capabilities. At least, we shall see about that. Hope it is not another ID Software nerdy Rage towards supposed nvidia or ati driver problem.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]I agree steam is a gay piece of crap, but im used to it. At least you wont have to be permanently connected to the internet to play the game, only to activate it.[/citation]
The game itself was like a nice demo. It seemed very unfinished and got incredibly dull very quickly, and that's before Bugs.

I imagine they could've made a great game, had they removed the bugs and added some variety in play.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Swolern[/nom]Yes a game should have other good aspects besides graphics. But you need to keep moving technology forward.[/citation]

It's a business decision. Do we have a technically less demanding game that more people will be able to play or a better looking game that less people will be able to play? It's clear what will make more money in this case and the more money they stand make, the more they can put in development.

Any idiot developer can make a visually stunning game with enough resources and high enough target spec, and a technically brilliant game can still suck.

Graphics are such a minor part of the appeal of games like Skyrim, true fans are happy if graphics are great but they'll still play it even if it looks like Fallout 3. Teenagers should stick to simple shooters like Crysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.