Bethesda Says RAGE Demo Unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Why are they wasting time on something that's not The Elder Scrolls V? They could have id Software working on it as well instead of this Rage or Brink or Fart or whatever non-Fallout and non-TES related games they are developing.

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
when a company doesn't come out with a demo it tells me "our game sux and we don't want you to try it out, we want you to buy it and get stuck with this turd"

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Razor512[/nom]It seems that they misspelled The Elder Scrolls, instead they put "RAGE" then put a random non Elder Scrolls photo up.Bethesda needs to fix this asap.[/citation]

LMFAO! you sir are very funny....

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
Why would id ever work on TES? They have always worked on their own IPs. Just because the parent company owns them now doesn't mean they have to work on someone else's game.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Yeah I'd rather see id work on FPS games which was always what id worked on, rather than seeing it cannibalized by corporate greed just to turn another upgrade to a parent company's successful product. You might as well have them turn out Madden 2011 for EA.....

Not everyone is an Elder Scrolls fan (myself included).

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]LMFAO! you sir are very funny....[/citation]

I agree dude!!! they made a misstake there....

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
@rohitbaran

You've misinterpreted this article. The meaning of this article was to correct the impession given by Mr. Hollenshead during QuakeCon 2009 that there would be a demo for the PC. It is unlikely there will be a demo.

I for one, am very excited about Rage....

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jazz84[/nom]So... it's a Borderlands clone?[/citation]

No it is not. Perhaps you're thinking along the lines of "Bulletstorm".

I am very interested in the game and am curious as to how the id Tech 5 engine will act and look.

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Borderlands is a great game and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I’ve also played Fallout 1,2, Tactics, and Fallout 3; and as soon as I am done with this I’ll go back to Fallout New Vegas. I’m a fan of all of them.

Rage’s setting will be post apocalyptic Earth like Fallout, but with an asteroid strike rather than nuclear war. Borderlands is set on an alien planet.

Borderlands changed their art direction well into development in order to differentiate themselves from Fallout 3 and Rage:

“However, by October 2008, Gearbox knew it had a problem. Internal reviews by the "Gearbox Truth Team"--a group of testers with psychology backgrounds--concluded that people found that the game's art style was too similar to that of the then freshly minted hit Fallout 3. The game was also drawing comparisons to another post apocalyptic game from id Software. "We didn't want to be considered a poor man's Rage," said Martel.”

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/borderlandsthesecretarmoryofgeneralknoxx/news_6253257.html

I expect that Rage will not give on an over the top, almost campy feeling that Borderlands or Bulletstorm will. An over the top experience like Duke Nukem or Serious Sam.

Finally Rage will be on a brand new engine, rather than using recycled aspects of Brother’s in Arms: Hell’s Highway (another game I need to go back and finish). Id Software is one of the world’s preeminent game developers. However they have not exactly been prolific recently.

i_am_aronman

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Why are they wasting time on something that's not The Elder Scrolls V? They could have id Software working on it as well instead of this Rage or Brink or Fart or whatever non-Fallout and non-TES related games they are developing.[/citation]
I don't think they should have ID working on something like elder scrolls. Besides its not like they are taking help from Bethesda to create rage, and for some reason i think Bethesda will take help from ID, if they need it.

Von Death

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]....Not everyone is an Elder Scrolls fan (myself included).[/citation]
Yo southernshark, I’m really happy for you and I'mma letchu finish, but Oblivion is one of the best video games of all time... of all time!

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
ID should work on classy FPS's, thats their thing. They seem to have lost some of their focus lately but seem to be getting back to where they shine!

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Rage looks and sounds like a good game and the way they could do a demo is release the game and have it timed like you can only play an hour at a time or something that way you have the feel of the entire game and how big and epic it may be now on the other side of this story the IdTech5 engine that's what I'm waiting for i mean from the sheer sounds of it the Scale-ability of it alone will be able to open up great looking games that can still be played on lets say an 8800GT/4650 Ect so yes I'm sure if they really wanted to make a demo they could but i am the school of thought that 90% of anything published by Bethesda is a great game so ill most likely get it maybe not right when it comes out as i am unemployed but when i get a job hopefully soon and it's out i will get it

RickyT23

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Elder Scrolls means nothing to me compared to Doom and Quake. I'm looking forwards to Skyrim, although I missed Oblivion and tried getting into it recently (post Fallout 3 and NV) and I just found it painful. Captain! Jean-Luc Picard, of the USS. Enterprise! I've been looking forwards to Rage since they announced it, several million years ago. And I've been looking forwards to Doom4 too!

RickyT23

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
And HAAHAAA! Blind E.S. fans - they are probably using IDs engine to make Skyrim! It wouldnt shock me if that was part fo the merger.....

jaghpanther

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I can see it now...
"Fresh from battling hordes of demonic creatures, you suddenly find yourself on a world where magic is real. Where pointy eared "elves" talk down to you. Where bandits and highwaymen mean lurk around every corner. A world where the only ammo you have is what you were carrying. It's time to show these people, orcs, elves, and whatever, what the meaning of BFG 9000."

A cooperative game design from the makers of Oblivion and Doom - The Elder Scrolls V Game of Doom. ->JK

Seriously, I've been waiting for TES V.

Status
Not open for further replies.