[SOLVED] Better choice: Asus Dual RTX 3060 Ti oc or Gainward 3060 Ti Phoenix GS (and maybe Asus Dual RTX 3070 non-oc)

villeP

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2003
I have managed to get my hands on these two GPUs:

Asus Dual RTX 3060 Ti oc
Gainward 3060 Ti Phoenix GS

The Asus card costs ca. 520 € and the Gainward one 30 € more. I understand that performance-wise these cards are similar and what matters to me is noise levels and quality. If anyone has any opinion which card is better (and quieter in particular!), please let me know. The 30 € price difference is irrelevant to me and if anyone is wondering - unfortunately where I live in Europe FE versions are never available and the cheapest 3060 ti:s start from roughly 480 € (and are, of course, never available).

Also, I might be getting an option to purchase the Asus Dual RTX 3070 non-oc for 620 € so also opinions on this alternative (vis-a-vis the above mentioned) are much appreciated. The only problem is that I am stuck with a Lian Li 150 tu case with a be quiet! SFX-L 600 W 80 gold plus PSU so I am not sure if it is too weak for the 3070 card (I am running a non-overclocked Ryzen 5600x and one M.2 SSD).

Thanks for any help!

VP

Solution
I worry about warranty support over a few decibles in noise.
Asus is slow but Gainward won't even talk to you; you have to go thru the place of purchase.
Asus wins imo.