Better cooler for overclocking

slavi_asenov2002

Honorable
Apr 11, 2018
So, i have a ryzen 2600 and a friend has got 2 unused coolers for am4 sockets but I do not know which is better - cooler master hyper 212 Evo or the Arctic freezer 33. There are no alternatives because he will gift me the one I choose

Solution
i think it would be very similar, both offer 4 copper heat pipes direct contact, aluminum fins, and using a 120mm fan, i seriously doubt there is anything major between the cooling performance. either will be fine. arctic 33 is shorter, and might fit the case better.

Were you able to find any other reviews that support ThinkComputers results? Don't base a decision on only a single review.

i think it would be very similar, both offer 4 copper heat pipes direct contact, aluminum fins, and using a 120mm fan, i seriously doubt there is anything major between the cooling performance. either will be fine. arctic 33 is shorter, and might fit the case better.

Solution

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008

:) sorry meant to add another one as well.. that showed both within like 1C of each other.. so I would personally go with what ever one you liked the look of better :)

csandreas1

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
I have the Arctic Freezer i32 and my 95 TDP CPU is always very cool. They are very easy to install and ultra silent. I really like those coolers.

The 120 mm fan only starts up at a higher load (starting at 40% PWM). Making it power efficient and extremely silent.

Freezer_i32_F03.jpg

On the other hand i find difficult to install those hyper 212 coolers and they are taller than Arctic coolers. I had bad experience before, i won't buy again.