[SOLVED] Better get used gtx 1070 bo warranty or used gtx 1650 super with 2,5 years warranty? I planned just using the gpu for short term

rainernk

Prominent
Mar 6, 2019
Halo, i wanna ask better buy used gtx 1070 no warranty or used gtx 1650 super with 2,5 years warranty? The 1070 is $185 and 1650 super is $197.
I just want to use the gpu for short term until the price of gpu market is normal again. Please share your advice. Thanks

Solution
Exactly. The 1070 does have an advantage in fps and 1440p use, but for the age of the card, it's prior use, it's unknown future lifespan and 0 warranty vs a card that generally sees 10-20 fps less and is covered for at least 2½ years against defect... No brainer in my book.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Warranty trumps everything.

You gamble assuming the 1070 will still be working a week from now or a month. That warranty on the 1650Super is priceless in comparison. IF it's actually valid. Many warranties become void to second party unless specifically stated it carries over and the unit is sold by an authorized reseller. That usually includes the original purchaser and you'll need the original receipt of purchase and the gpu must have been registered by the owner with the vendor.

rainernk

Prominent
Mar 6, 2019
Warranty trumps everything.

You gamble assuming the 1070 will still be working a week from now or a month. That warranty on the 1650Super is priceless in comparison. IF it's actually valid. Many warranties become void to second party unless specifically stated it carries over and the unit is sold by an authorized reseller. That usually includes the original purchaser and you'll need the original receipt of purchase and the gpu must have been registered by the owner with the vendor.
Yeah i already ask the authorized seller of this 1650 super card that the warranty is valid. The seal on the gpu is 100% valid.
I think the same for 1070 with no warranty but im still in dilema cause the 1070 still looks good and no indication in mining. Yeah i think the decision is in my hands now want high risk, high reward or play safe right?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Exactly. The 1070 does have an advantage in fps and 1440p use, but for the age of the card, it's prior use, it's unknown future lifespan and 0 warranty vs a card that generally sees 10-20 fps less and is covered for at least 2½ years against defect... No brainer in my book.

Reactions: rainernk
Solution

rainernk

Prominent
Mar 6, 2019
Ok thank you so much for the advice man. Really appreciate it.