LaproCZ

Commendable
Sep 15, 2019
Hey,

So I've got new GTX 1060 6GB
And then A320m Motherboard
And Ryzen 3 1200Cpu
2x4Gb Ram

Now the question is: should I upgrade motherboard to unlock CPU overclocking and unlocking 4 slots of Ram, which I will be putting 4 Rams immediately, which would get me to 4x4Gb of Ram making total 16Gb.
Or should I upgrade CPU to bigger Ryzen, maybe like Ryzen 5 1600/ 1600X

Solution
I'd get a better CPU. The motherboard upgraded is marginal and a faster CPU with more cores will do more for you than the marginal OC room of Ryzen. As for RAM you can just sell your existing RAM and install 2x8GB.

Anyways adding RAM can lead to compatibility issues. So, you'd want to sell and replace your existing RAM anyways. Plus 2x8GB is generally faster than 4x4GB.

For the CPU I'd try to get a 2nd or 3rd gen Ryzen. If feasible with your budget. Factor in the resale price of your existing CPU.
I'd get a better CPU. The motherboard upgraded is marginal and a faster CPU with more cores will do more for you than the marginal OC room of Ryzen. As for RAM you can just sell your existing RAM and install 2x8GB.

Anyways adding RAM can lead to compatibility issues. So, you'd want to sell and replace your existing RAM anyways. Plus 2x8GB is generally faster than 4x4GB.

For the CPU I'd try to get a 2nd or 3rd gen Ryzen. If feasible with your budget. Factor in the resale price of your existing CPU.

Solution