[SOLVED] Better performance with a computer that's just as good

Jan 30, 2020
I know but eouldall
Memory runs better when in dual channel but both of you would benefit from 3000 to 3200MHz of RAM in 2x8GB config. considering your RAM amount there could be a lot of memory swapping to HDD which is considerably slower than his SSD.
All right but would all of that cause a difference of being able to run a game at max to not being able to run the game at all?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
My friend has a computer that's very similar to mine other than a few differences.
They are only similar in socket,the few differences are pretty big ones,like having dualchannel or not, a quadcore cpu vs a 6core/twelve thread cpu and even ssd or not.

See in your results as well that you have alot of ram in use when benchmarking. If the same when gaming will that have impact as well.

Have the latest bios? (not always the best one with certain AMD boards and need to keep an eye out for extra things that need to be done before updating like updating chipset drivers first or updating to an in between bios so read instructions before doing it!)

Jan 30, 2020
They are only similar in socket,the few differences are pretty big ones,like having dualchannel or not, a quadcore cpu vs a 6core/twelve thread cpu and even ssd or not.

See in your results as well that you have alot of ram in use when benchmarking. If the same when gaming will that have impact as well.

Have the latest bios? (not always the best one with certain AMD boards and need to keep an eye out for extra things that need to be done before updating like updating chipset drivers first or updating to an in between bios so read instructions before doing it!)
Cool, I just didnt know all of that would make a difference between being able to run a and game on max to not at all

TRENDING THREADS