Better to buy parts offline or on?

p1que

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014
My friend keeps telling me to try to buy all the parts for a custom pc i am building at the small computer store in my town. However, i kind of want to look moreso at newegg because of the way bigger selection and overall better parts. Do i really need to worry about damage in shipping or other crap like that? Which is better?

Solution
As said, unless you have a microcenter then go with newegg and monoprice.

To me it is easier to get an item RMA ed through newegg or amazon then it is to take your parts in to a local store. I despise brick and mortors like best buy, even the local shops are too much hassel and they want to hold onto your computer for 2 weeks while they take their time to confirm the part is broken.

Then newegg has a vast selection at great prices.

viewtyjoe

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
I've never had any problems with online retailers personally, but you will likely have a harder time getting things returned/exchanged if something does come that isn't working. That's usually the only downside to online retailers.

inerax

Distinguished
Newegg is amazing. They have a great selection. Shipping is never going to break the bank.

I always use newegg online or Micro Center local.

If you have a Micro Center, check there. If you dont. Use newegg.

As said, unless you have a microcenter then go with newegg and monoprice.

To me it is easier to get an item RMA ed through newegg or amazon then it is to take your parts in to a local store. I despise brick and mortors like best buy, even the local shops are too much hassel and they want to hold onto your computer for 2 weeks while they take their time to confirm the part is broken.

Then newegg has a vast selection at great prices.

Solution