Between two laptops

dmoren12

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012
Hello, i want to know from somebody who knows about, im deciding which computer to buy between this two:

Components hp-dv6zqe series
• charcoal grey
• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 [HDMI, VGA]
• 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
• Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R)
• No additional security software
• 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 4.25 hours of battery life +++
• 15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366x768)
• SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
• Webcam and Microphone
• 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
• Standard Keyboard

Components hp-dv6zqe series
• dark umber
• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• AMD Quad-Core A8-3550MX Accelerated Processor (2.7GHz/2.0GHz, 4MB L2 Cache)
• AMD Radeon(TM) Discrete-Class Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
• 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
• Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R)
• No additional security software
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.5 hours of battery life +++
• 15.6" High Def LED HP Brightview (1366x768)
• SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
• 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
• Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad

I want to know which one is better i know that depends on what you use it for but overall.
Thanks on advance

Solution
Here you have two very close competitors, the best if intels sandy bridge i5 mobile line versus the best of AMDs A8 APUs. Yet there are very substantial differneces between this two, the most prominient, the 3850mx is a quad core versus the 2 cores of the i5. Not only that, the A8 contains a much more powerful Graphics processing unit than the i5s intel hd 3000. The A8 for me would be the clear choice over the i5, it might be clocked a little bit lower, but has 4 cores for applications which wil substantially increase performance.

IMO go with the AMD based latop, the only advantage with the intel based machine is marginally faster speed in less core demanding tasks like surfing the web, while the APU provides you with 4 cores and a...

holykalo

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Here you have two very close competitors, the best if intels sandy bridge i5 mobile line versus the best of AMDs A8 APUs. Yet there are very substantial differneces between this two, the most prominient, the 3850mx is a quad core versus the 2 cores of the i5. Not only that, the A8 contains a much more powerful Graphics processing unit than the i5s intel hd 3000. The A8 for me would be the clear choice over the i5, it might be clocked a little bit lower, but has 4 cores for applications which wil substantially increase performance.

IMO go with the AMD based latop, the only advantage with the intel based machine is marginally faster speed in less core demanding tasks like surfing the web, while the APU provides you with 4 cores and a graphics chip that can ahndle light gaming as well.

Solution