Bevy of Next-Gen Titles Confirmed for Xbox One, Includes Thief 4, Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

LainP7

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
"Can't wait for another Crysis game. They're generally harder on the hardware and will give us a better idea as to what this new One will do."
Look at the average gaming PC from around 2009 to get an idea.

dietrich1

Honorable
May 16, 2013
i want a re-release of max payne 3 for One and PS4 with 60fps, full 1080p, with high textures. give it to us, rockstar. we have money.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

So true. And just think, this will be the "standard" for the next 8-9 years. Hooray for next-gen

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
I'm glad that the devs are pushing potential quality titles out in the first year. I remember buying my PS2 and playing madden and dead or alive for about a year because nothing else came out that was worth buying with my allowance money as a kid. 360 and ps3 started off slow as well.
like everyone else, I'm pumped for next gen ports raising the pc bar.
As a guy who grew up with a PC at the age of 4 (dat ibm xt, slinging command lines like a 4 year old BOSS!) I never thought that PC dev would be anchored to console horsepower. My friends were throwing down in mario bros. 3 and I was playing wolfenstein and doom. Consoles had pixels and text, I was rocking FMV cut-scenes with actors (Wing Commander) and pushing polygons.
I sleep at night and have a vision. A vision where Carmack, Romero, Ed Boon, Blizzard NORTH and Lucas Arts crest a hill, the rising sun behind them. They join forces and create the greatest game in the universe, a game so great it saves mankind (Bill and Ted style). In the end gaming is a way to express creativity and imagination. These 10 year cycles are mountains in the way of progress as opposed to speed bumps.
TLDR: new console = new pc ports. Wish PC devs would set the pace instead by.

G

The only true next gen gaming platform will be when I upgrade my pc to a 4770k,16gb of ram,2 GTX 780s,512Gb SSD this Summer on my PC getting ready for some BF4 @ 2560 x 1600 res thats next gen hardware not 18 month old PC parts thrown in a VCR looking box.

horrormaster

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
So basically every game schedule for release on the Xbox One is also coming to either the PS4 and or the PC? What's the point of getting the Xbox One again?

Too bad the average gamer doesn't have $2000+ to spend on a console. Then we'd really have next gen....Oh wait, even a $750 PC can do next gen since all these games will be ports any way from inferior hardware to mid range PC's that are more than capable to handle the load.

The biggest worry for PC gamers right now should be how fast the new consoles are going to be maxed out. With the last gen of consoles M$ and Sony kept their consoles around for 7+years dragging down a lot of PC/Console games from being a lot better. Their life should of ended 2 or 3 years ago IMO. Now with these new consoles they are only going to be the same as a mid range gaming PC, and will probably be choking out in 2-3 years max. At the same time we'll all be running on par or up to far superior PC's that were built THIS year, and complaining about how bad the console ports are and how they are holding back PC gaming and hardware all over again. lol.

For the record I game on both PC and 360 and they both have their positives and negatives, so to each their own. Larger community for most games, comfort of your couch, more sociable and less cheating on the console vs. better hardware/peripherals, better graphics, more capabilities, and overall more longevity on the PC through upgrades. Honestly maybe if games on the PC had split screen and co-op from ONE PC it would have a better chance with console/casual gamers. I wonder why the devs for PC games never try that.... Same can be said about full KB/M support on the console though....Honestly I would like it if everything from the XBOX 1 was fully compatible with the PC. Just give an option to restrict who you play with. If your on PC and all you want is other PC players, then select PC players only option. Vice versa for console players, and have an open option as well. It can't be that hard, and it would bridge the communities greatly.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
got a question...
with the xboxone (retarded name) is anyone going to pick one up for a gameing console?
i mean they are locking discs to you and killing the used market.
this means games dont have to compete with used
again meaning the games will never come down in prices...

lets also look at the last 3 years of microsoft just not giveing a crap about the games...
anyone want to really get one for exclusives too?

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Now that the PC, PS4 and the new Xbox are all on the same x86 it's more likely that there will be more games coming to the PC that were once console exclusive. Anyway Thief is PC staple there's not a dogs chance that it will be console only.

Sad thing is that if the money is right, ANY game can become a console exclusive. Look at Halo and Gears of War for example. They both had their original games come to PC and had lackluster sales compared to their console counterparts, so it became a waste of money to bother with the PC for the future titles.(devs blamed piracy on PC though for the poor sales) Then they became exclusive to the console sadly, and they became draw in titles for the 360.

Bottom line, if M$ and Sony start fighting for exclusive titles, which I expect to make or break this generation of consoles, we may see other PC franchises go console exclusive. With poor sales in certain genres on PC, it's not hard to imagine.... I hope not though.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
And all will look better on my PC. :) If I want them on my TV I'll buy a shield to go with my 20nm maxwell next year :) By that time they'll have that tech out of beta.
I can't believe anyone is happy about this being the standard for 8yrs. Mobile will be kicking their arse 2yrs after release and hitting 4k before next gen hits 4-5yrs. These are already dead, console lovers just don't get it yet.
Just google GDC 2013 survey for the chart that shows where gaming is going. 40% planning pc projects, 60% planning mobile. Less than 15% planning ANY games for other stuff (next gen come in at 11%). Handhelds are under 5%...LOL.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

it at the very least wont be xbox exclusive, square doesn't have the money for that

hell, with it all be x86 cores, there is a fairly high chance for emulation to happen without the pc needing to be 8X as powerful as the console its emulating. but for a pure console exclusive, and not just timed... you are looking at spending 20-30 million on a AAA game, microsoft does not see the game market as a main focus, they see apple and google as one, and they are using their gaming platform as a tool in that fight, which in turn is alienating the gamers who may have gotten the system.

hell the wosrt thing they did was nix backwards compatibility altogether, the 360 doesnt have a long life cycle and at one point in time had a 75% fail rate. the 360 has some great exclusive games that without emulation would be lost forever.

how is that graphics level ok for 8 years...
because graphics no mater how much you think otherwise are not important in the least.
do we have good enough graphics to convey what whe need
CHECK
are the textures not jaw droppingly bad (CURRENT PC)
CHECK

more power should mean the difference between playing at 30fps with frame drops to 60fps with no framedrops
and to throw morons on the pc who get 2 way sli or higher, give them 120fps and some additional lighting effects
we souldnt make the games to always have those stupid lightning effects because how many people will see them?
at best 50000 of what 5 million sales?
if you make the game retardedly graphically impressive, by the time the power to play your game really comes around to the normal (not insane i spend 3 grand on the gpus alone) will they still want to play your game?
lets ask this, crysis is a great game, i enjoy playing it, but how many people now who get a decent gpu, the more casual, will go and play a 5-6 year old game?
catering to the high end in any significant way is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.