BF 3 System Requirements.

rickytrux11

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
What is the system requiremen to max out BF3 at 1360x900?

Is it more Graphic Intensive than Metro 2033 Or Crysis?

Does it look better than Crysis and Metro 2033?

rickytrux11

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011

Crysis 2 is better Optimised than Crysis 1. And how does BF look? Better than those 3?

Less demanding than you would think, and I wouldn't consider crysis 2 SP being epic. It was kind of a letdown imo. Bf3 seems to me a great SP experience that dice put alot of time into as well as a well done MP. There are alot of threads on this forum that pertain to your question that upi should check out that will narrow the scope on what settings you will be looking at with your setup. And how does the alpha tell you the SP is less than epic? There haven't been any demos or leaks for you to compare to or make the assumption it is less than epic.

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

Um are you saying bf3 is less demanding than crysis 2?
Anyways the battlefield series was never about single player but rather the multiplayer.I loved the crysis 2 campaign.You probably gave up playing the game after the first 4 levels.The crysis 2 kicks off only after 6-7 levels.

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

From the screenshots,it looks just like crysis 2.It doesn't look better than crysis 2.So I would expect bf3 to run similarly as crysis 2

x Heavy

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
I built my system to crush Metro according to several Hardware reviews that used that game as a benchmark.

With that in mind, BF3 should be equal to or less demanding than Metro.

With that in mind my system is the following.

Haf X

OCZ 120 gigs in Raid 5 (And adding a 4th ssd soon) (Intel raid controller on Z68 MSI board)

Blue ray times two drives

several old fashioned spinner 7200 drives in raid 1 on the Marvell Raid controller

2133 RAM from gskill

V8 cooler, as many fans I can fit into the Haf X am adding two or three more fans this week.

750 corsair professional modular power supply protected by a sine wave battery/power protection

two Lighting Extreme edition 580 GTX in SLI Only the Crossfired 6990 or any future winter and 2012 releases even comes close.

i7 1155 core chip k-2600 sandy bridge.

And a bunch of other things such as EMI shielded cables for everything inside and outside.

Killer 2100 network gaming card. Sometimes it has kept me alive in previous war games against other people online.

Build your system sticking to the fundamentals of powerful design that will make replacing obselete parts unnecessary for a while.

I built a Dual core 775 for BFBC2 on crossfired 128 bit cards from XFX and upgraded again to Quad core 775 and two 256 bit crossfire sapphires. The amount of money I sunk between BFBC2 and about a year later to just before this build indicates I always need to get the biggest, fastest and strongest hardware possible now and stop rebuilding systems because I cheaped out on trying to save money in a build.

I, sir have beaten Crysis 2 on SS, and it was less than epic. People that have played the alpha have said that Their experiences with BF3 was that it was less demanding than people are trying to make it out to be. I happen to have high hopes for BF3's SP as well as MP. Dont try and dismiss me as invalid because I differ in opinion from you. And please dont flood the thread with multiple posts.... there is a such thing as an Edit button.
You are going off the way it LOOKS without any real proof of how it will run. What type of DX11 features are active? how much AA? those are the things you need to find out before assuming something will run like another because thats just rediculous to say " they look kind of similar, so im going to tell someone that they will run the same"
X heavy has the correct idea on how to build a system with the most demanding game out in mind, although a bit overkill.

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgamegpu.ru%2FAction-%2F-FPS-%2F-TPS%2FBattlefield-3-Alpha-test-GPU.html
Read this article.
Anyway excuse me if I was rude in any way but I don't think bf3 will have a great single player because till now none of the series had good single player.It was the king in multiplayer with HUGE maps.As you can see in the above article,you can make out that dx 10 and 11 were present as MSI Afterburner detected the use of dx 11 as stated in the article.
BTW I feel that similar looking games must perform similarly.For example,gta 4 runs like complete *** whereas mafia 2 looks the same but has better performance.If bf3 looks the same as crysis 2 in screenshots its logical to assume that if its optimised as well it has to perform similarly.If the peformance is lower with same quality visuals,it just another run of the mill console port