bf1 fps drops

corymartin555

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 13, 2015
my cpu is a fx 6300 4.5 oc with 8gb ram an a gtx 1050 and i play at 720p my question is why my fps are so bad 30-60 ...with bf4 i can play on all high with 60+ all the time but in bf1 its 30 - 60 also im on win 7

Solution

Probably not. You'll want more than 4 cores/4 threads for multiplayer BF1 and BF V. For Intel this means a new 6 core i5 at least. For AMD this means a Ryzen 5 1400 at least(4 cores/8 threads).

An i3 8100 would certainly be an improvement over what you have now, but in these CPU demanding multiplayer games will it be enough to make you happy? It would be a shame to spend the money on a new platform and still have to deal with the annoying framerate drops you were paying to eliminate.

The Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 is probably the only 760G chipset board that might have a shot at running the 8 core FX CPUs without running into VRM throttling problems, though it's a borderline case, you can pretty much forget about any sort of overclocking, and you may need to mount a fan over the CPU socket area if you don't have a top down blower CPU cooler. You can try it, but ultimately you're probably not going to see a huge performance uplift, the 8 core FX CPUs suffer from the same problems as all the others, and adding extra cores doesn't always help. Ultimately, unless you can get an 8 core FX chip for stupidly cheap, eg. 50 dollars or less, you're probably better off saving up for a full platform upgrade and a new GPU.

Probably not. You'll want more than 4 cores/4 threads for multiplayer BF1 and BF V. For Intel this means a new 6 core i5 at least. For AMD this means a Ryzen 5 1400 at least(4 cores/8 threads).

An i3 8100 would certainly be an improvement over what you have now, but in these CPU demanding multiplayer games will it be enough to make you happy? It would be a shame to spend the money on a new platform and still have to deal with the annoying framerate drops you were paying to eliminate.

Solution