• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

BF2 won't update FIXED

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
I have BF2 version 1.1.8976 or something real close it's the retail version never upgraded before. And my favorite game server recently upgraded to a new version of BF2 and I needed to upgrade to if i want to play it. I downloaded 1.4 [patch the one that updates all versions. But when I installed it and opened the game it was still the same version. So I installed it again but this time from the BF2 root directory and then restarted this time. But to no avail. What is wrong? Why can't I get it to update?

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Does anyone know? I am going to die i if cant play it. Seriously. Its been like a week and a half since i last played it because i have been so busy. Need Help!

fattony

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
i don't play bf, but i can suggest you do a clean uninstall of the game
reinstall it
patch to the latest version instead of applying patch after patch and see if it'll stick

desolationw

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
I have patch 1.4 installed. The thing is i think mine still says 1.28(plus like 8 other digits) which is what is said when installed patch 1.3. I deff know that the patch has installed because i am not allowed to vehicle drop on helipads and buildings etc.

Did you dl an incremental patch or a full patch? Full patches are recommend more than the incremental as it seems to cause less problems.