BF3 560 ti issue - Game crashes

cptslow

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I got my 560ti today and tried to play BF3 on Ultra it worked fine for one game but now whenever i join a game i will get 30-40fps on Ultra but then after a few mins i will get 0-5 and the game will eventually crash..... even if it is on the lowest settings....

My specs are
600W PSU
i5 2500K
4GB DDR3
560ti

It normally happens when i make fast turns or theres a explosion near me then the low fps will start and eventually crash the game.

i was told it was the 301 drivers so i got the 304 drivers same problem still occurring....

Ive tried installing the drivers fresh it also did not work

Ive also tried lowering the Memory speed from 2004 to 1004 ( going down by 100 each time) that did not fix it.

All of my other game run 100% fine on maximum setting apart from BF3

Im not the best with PC hardware but this video i made might explain my problem a bit better....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lmdcLnn1cc

Im told the problem lies within the drivers but im not sure....

Sounds like maybe a heat issue, but othr games work well, or PSU, but again other games work well. BF3 is probably the most stressful game you can put on a PC right now. Id d/l HWMonitor and check your CPU and GPU temps during gameplay and also what is the maker of your PSU? Scares me when people put 600w as a PSU rather than the model number and maker.

cptslow

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012

Ok ill have to do it tomorrow as i uninstalled the game and im currently downloading it now.

And i dont think it could be the RAM as i got it in February and its Corsair too plus my other games work fine on highest settings including fallout new vegas

cptslow

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012

Ok haha well thats how good my hardware knowledge is that why i have come here thanks for the help/advice ill report back tomorrow :)

Doesnt seem to be your temps. 62c on a CPU isnt terrible. Just noticed you only have 4 gbs of RAM. BF3 is the one title that takes advantage of 8, try getting another 4 gbs, the same if you can with what you already have in there and see if it runs any better. Other than that id say your PSU.

cptslow

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012

OK thanks for the help for now ill just not play the game until i get some more RAM then

Cant gaurantee its that, but the PSU is quality, the GPU is good, the CPU rarely fails, so its gotta be the RAM or PSU or GPU. See if you can borrow some RAM from a friend for a test or put your card in someone elses PCs and try playing BF3. Have you removed the previous drivers from whatever card you had? Driver sweep em, boot into safe mode, do it again, then but normally and install newest drivers? If you came from AMD to nvidia it could be causing an issue.

cptslow

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012

Nope i cam from a GTX 240 and i uninstalled the drivers months before i got the 560ti and when i got the 560ti i did a clean install also

madcap42_

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

Iv'e been through alll that and msi afterburner settings works for a while then crashes i think i have finally found solution (1).Nvidia control panel (2). use the advanced 3D image settings slide bar too performance not quality.(3) manage 3d settings also select program to customise i.e bf3.(4).cuda-gpu's=set to all. (5). power management mode set too PREFER MAXIMUN PERFORMANCE I have not had a crash since (fingers crossed) hope this helps