bf4 crashing halfway in game

dandeman23

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
during the game it just freezes up and if i am fullscreen it says "directx function get device removed reason failed with dxgi error device hung"
When im windowed:
windows kernel driver has stopped working
i have a 660ti nvidia graphics card and i5
it would be much appreciated if someone helped i just got the game aswell

Solution
had this problem from the start with my new PC but recently solved it.
just go into uninstall programs and uninstall everything to do with nvidia like drivers ect.
the screen will go out of resolution but is still useable.
then install the original driver CD that came with the graphics card (drivers can probably be found online).
its been two week without a problem that was there from the very start so I'm hopeful this fix is permanent.
hope this helps

PCDave

Honorable
May 22, 2013

Hey Dan,

I basically have the same setup as you do, and during the beta, I had no problems.

I'd say maybe try reinstalling your graphics drivers, and watch your temps.

Is your GPU over heating? What kind of frames are you getting?

dandeman23

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

well i am getting preety good frames its just when i play halfway inbetween the game it crashes i think it has stopped but for the campaign it does crash aswell.

D3m0

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
i have found that the hanging is the temp of the card, i have 660ti gtx oc, download msi afterburner and manually turn fans up to 100% while playing, it was same for bf3 with me

Ritwik Prasad

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

Ritwik Prasad

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Try to do this:
Go to the installation directory of bf4 find directx folder click on redist folder and run dxsetup as admin.
It helped me a bit but it still crashes and still can't go fullscreen
I have got a galaxy gtx650 ti 2 gb 8gb ram amd fx8320 and 450wpsu but still crashes after 10 min or so
Dice/ea created a great game theoretically but fucked up the execution.

johndossier

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013

So I really didn't think this would work as my temps on the GPU were only around 65 and I did not believe that it would be "overheating" but I installed Afterburner and set the fan curve so now the fans are running around 70% in BF4 and they used to be around 40%. So far I've played 2 consecutive conquest maps without crashing which was impossible last week. 660 ti cards might crash at lower temp than expected?

beno2k9876

Reputable
Apr 19, 2014
had this problem from the start with my new PC but recently solved it.
just go into uninstall programs and uninstall everything to do with nvidia like drivers ect.
the screen will go out of resolution but is still useable.
then install the original driver CD that came with the graphics card (drivers can probably be found online).
its been two week without a problem that was there from the very start so I'm hopeful this fix is permanent.
hope this helps

Solution

TRENDING THREADS