BF4 fps with G-Sync monitor seem low

PayneNDass

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
I am getting steady 47-51 fps with a MSI-780GTX Lightning 3Gb running a GeForce Experience Optimizer on an ASUS ROG SWIFT 27" G-Sync moitor with 144Hz
I"ve got 16gigs 2400ram and an Intel i7 4770K 3.5Ghz. cpu with Noctua NH-D14 cooler on a ASUS ROG Hero MB
Win 8.1 pro on Intel 120GB ssd and a WD 2TB Caviar Black 6Gb HD
In game BF4 setting V-Sync off full screen display on
I would like to get higher fps but how?

Solution

if you have a 1440 monitor you can get away will less aa, 4x or even less, and it will still look good. Dont bother to use nvidia game optimizer just tweak it yourself.

The geforce experience is still rough software and doesn't factor in everything. First off all, it doesn't know that you have an ultra HD monitor nor does it know that you are using a 144hz monitor. It's optimizing for 1080p, 60 Hz.

This is to be expected though, you are running a bleeding edge monitor. In order to drive it at a high framerate and a high fps, another Graphics card is needed. Could have saved by skimming on the I7 and going with an i5. i7 doesn't increase performance in games.

I have a 1440p monitor and a 970 and get a consistent 60 fps so It's possible for you.

You already have one of the most powerful card unless you are willing to drop 800+ for a dual card. If you can return your current card, it would be a good choice. Otherwise, Sli is the way to go.

PayneNDass

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
Thanks
I moved the slider two settings towards the performance end and got 60 fps I'll keep pushing it 'till I like it best. I can switch the monitor from 60Hz. 120Hz. or 144Hz. Motion blur is off, V-sync is off, G-sync is on, Screen Resolution 100% Full screen at 2560X1440

if you have a 1440 monitor you can get away will less aa, 4x or even less, and it will still look good. Dont bother to use nvidia game optimizer just tweak it yourself.

Solution