BF4 impossible on 32-bit systems?

raa brubb

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
I was looking at the system requirments of BF4 and realized that its impossible to play BF4 on a 32-bit system. I have a 7570 1GB GDDR5 VRAM. The maximum amount of memory in a 32-bit system is 4GB. THAT INCUDES VRAM. That means with with 1GB of VRAM the system is only left with 3GB of RAM. Since the needed amount or RAM is 4GB at least, that makes it impossible to play BF4 on a 32-bit system.

Solution

The beta requires a 64 bit OS, but the final product will support 32 bit operating systems.

The 4GiB memory limit is a marketing tool, not a technical limitation. Windows has supported more than 4GiB as early as Windows 2000 and Intel has supported it at the microprocessor level as early as 1995.

robax91

Distinguished
You could get a trial of windows 7 64 bit on a partition just to play the beta, that way once it comes out, you can delete the beta and the partition. Or just upgrade to a 64bit using Windows anytime upgrade. That is strange though, making a beta 64 bit only.

The 4GiB memory limit is a marketing tool, not a technical limitation. Windows has supported more than 4GiB as early as Windows 2000 and Intel has supported it at the microprocessor level as early as 1995.
It is a technical limitation.

2^32 = ~4GB of address space. This can be worked around using PAE but windows doesn't do that.
There is a good chance the game will "work" with less then 4gb but expect big lags if you dive into swap memory.

Anyone with a microprocessor of the Prescott architecture or newer is running a PAE kernel. PAE has been supported since Windows 2000 and is required to be enabled on architectures that have hardware enforced data execution prevention (DEP), which began with the aforementioned Prescott architecture. DEP cannot work without PAE as there is not enough space in the page table for the NX/XD bit without it. Windows XP shipped with both PAE and non-PAE kernels, and fully supported DEP as of SP2.

Microsoft disables memory remapping, not PAE.

corvetteguy1994

Distinguished

nothing to do with this article but nice system lol i dont think mine is to bad compared.......maybe

Solution