[SOLVED] BF5 low fps memory issue??

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Could the fact that im averaging 16 fps in bf5 on low to ultra low settings be the 8 gigs of memory I have? Ive got a 2400g not overclocked and a asus gtx 1060 6gb graphics card. When looking the processor and gpu dont do much but for some reason my ram gets pegged at 7.5 out of 8 gigs used. I would like to get 60 fps on high and i know its possible because I used to be able to play when the game first launched, but now it wont. Any tips?

There's a couple of things to consider. Is the 8gb you have one stick or two (single or dual channel) and what speed is the ram?

Having two sticks of ram (dual channel) give about 10-15% of extra performance. Having fast ram, lets say 3000mhz instead of 2400mhz, would give another 10-15% performance, game dependent.

So, yes, your ram could be causing some issues, but 16fps on low with your set up, smacks of some other issue.

When your ram fills up, which it is at 7.5gbs usage, as the rest is allocated to hardware addresses, your system starts using your swap/page file on your HD to store memory. This can really kill you FPS. Getting a 2 x 8gb matched kit of 3000mhz+ ram will help you.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
There's a couple of things to consider. Is the 8gb you have one stick or two (single or dual channel) and what speed is the ram?

Having two sticks of ram (dual channel) give about 10-15% of extra performance. Having fast ram, lets say 3000mhz instead of 2400mhz, would give another 10-15% performance, game dependent.

So, yes, your ram could be causing some issues, but 16fps on low with your set up, smacks of some other issue.

When your ram fills up, which it is at 7.5gbs usage, as the rest is allocated to hardware addresses, your system starts using your swap/page file on your HD to store memory. This can really kill you FPS. Getting a 2 x 8gb matched kit of 3000mhz+ ram will help you.

Ive got 2x4 gigs of ddr4 3200 memory. It will load up the memory and then fps drops. I considered upgrading to 16 gigs but if that wouldnt help then im gonna hold off. Temps for the gpu and cpu are good as well. I doubt the cpu is bottlenecking considering its got 4 cores and 8 threads running at 3.6 ghz.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Yes, then the stuttering is from the ram filing up and using the swap file. Getting 2 x 8gb matched kit is the way to go. Sell your current ram to offset the cost.
Ok thats what i was thinking, I figured it was the ram filling up super quick and then dumping it off somewhere making preformance not as good. I was reading on the forums of bf5 that people are having issues and they have better specs than me. I think its a combo between the game itself and me not having a load of memory. I should upgrade to 16 anyways just to be futureproofed. If id upgrade the processor would you recommend a 2600x or a 3600x? Ive got a asrock ab350m pro 4 mb. I should upgrade that to a 450 at the very least but i dont plan to oc so. Thanks for the help.

TRENDING THREADS